PDA

View Full Version : Sig 1911 carry nightmare

Guy-epic
July 14, 2013, 20:08
So my friend just bought a new Sig 1911 carry nightmare. Trigger is great, shoots great. Likely the best out of the box 1911 IMO ever. I have shot a lot of 1911, this one is very special. I think I need one, wait change that I have to have one. Correct me if I am wrong is there any one that knows of any issues on these?

A_Fletcher
July 15, 2013, 16:18
I know of one issue and it's one we share. I don't have one either. :LOL:

metalreptile
December 29, 2013, 15:37
So has anyone got one of these yet? I have been eyeing one lately myself. Read somewhere the Nitron finish wears quickly? Regardless, I do believe it will be next on my "gotta have it" list.

Guy-epic
December 29, 2013, 16:54
So has anyone got one of these yet? I have been eyeing one lately myself. Read somewhere the Nitron finish wears quickly? Regardless, I do believe it will be next on my "gotta have it" list.

My friend that bought one has over a thousand rounds thru it, I have shot about two hundred down its pipe. I can say it has not had any issues due to Sig the one issue it had was we had taken a newer shooter to the range that put a .40 S&W round in the mag. It scared the hell out of the owner but after teardown and inspection it had no damage and has continued to work just fine. That was 500 rounds ago. We called Sig and they offered to inspect it for free if we felt it was needed. I am not a expert but I know a Sig. armorer he inspected it and fired a mag thru it maybe two can't remember but said it was good to go. I would highly recommend it. It gets cleaned after every trip to the range. He cleans more and better then I do. No signs of premature finish wear at all. I want one but priorities have held me back. Let me know if you have any other questions other then if it will fire .40 S&W LOL