PDA

View Full Version : Czechpoint VZ58 7.62x39 value?

Jgshooter
July 12, 2013, 15:35
Can any one tell me what this is worth??? Czechpoint VZ58, comes with folding stock. I know absolutely nothing about these. I have some one wanting to trade me for the rifle pictured below..

http://i940.photobucket.com/albums/ad247/jg5254/image_zpsa76a32fc.jpeg (http://s940.photobucket.com/user/jg5254/media/image_zpsa76a32fc.jpeg.html)

rool_303
July 12, 2013, 18:30
I sold a Czechpoint Vz58 side folder that was nearly NIB (~ 100 rounds through it) for $1500 on GB back in February. I think I paid $700 new shipped and transferred for it. Of course, those were extraordinary times...

Jgshooter
July 12, 2013, 22:15
Thanks for the info, Yes those were extraordinary times. The AR market has settled but the AK type stuff is holding high values for some reason..:?

LYCAN
July 13, 2013, 00:24
$500

Being friendly, or if I really wanted it, $600 (rifle + 1 mag)

Folding stock included, minus folding stock, hold or knock off $50

Its a nice rifle, but not common, nor are the mags, the markets bottom is about to fallout on guns ( no ammo = no demand, added w/ the fact saturation has been reached)

Buddy of mine was out of town in OH, happend to be in a wal-mart, Bushmaster AR - $599, that was 3 days ago

Jgshooter
July 13, 2013, 12:17
So are you basing this on Your knowledge of this weapon, or just your analysis of the firearm market in general?

$500

Its a nice rifle, but not common, nor are the mags, the markets bottom is about to fallout on guns ( no ammo = no demand, added w/ the fact saturation has been reached)

Buddy of mine was out of town in OH, happend to be in a wal-mart, Bushmaster AR - $599, that was 3 days ago

DYNOMIKE
July 13, 2013, 23:50
Great Guns and the CZECHPOINT rifles are really nice...
Mags are out there and the guns do have a following..
I'd say $700.00-$800.00 is a very realistic value..

Comparing one to an AR is just silly though, but IF we must I'd take the VZ over a $600.00 AR..
Guns are still selling (albiet a much less frenzied state), inventory is coming back and AMMO is as well..

I hear claims the bottom is falling out and yet I have not bought ONE used AR this week and only a handfull in the last month or more..

BTW, CZECHPOINT's site shows these as OOS (and some have been disco'd) but retail pricing is over $1k.. I suspect you should have no prob selling your rifle at the price I suggested..
http://www.czechpoint-usa.com/products/rifles/762-x-39-mm/sa-vz-58-military-/

Topbanana
July 13, 2013, 23:58
Dynomike's price is about correct. It's a fine rifle.

LYCAN
July 14, 2013, 12:01
If you can get that price, more power to ya'

And please post when it sells

:]

P.s. wasn't comparing it to an AR, was merely pointing out an example of a Bushmaster - which is now selling for 1/2 of what it was going for just a few months ago

LYCAN
July 14, 2013, 12:05
So are you basing this on Your knowledge of this weapon, or just your analysis of the firearm market in general?

I am basing it on my viewpoint as a buyer who has been buying/selling AK's and others as a hobby for sometime

It is persnoal opinion, nothing more
Its unique (Vz), but - not that unique, still plenty of parts kits floating around too

Of course, some people were paying $1K for a frigg'n WASR - so.... who knows what some folks will pay

LYCAN
July 14, 2013, 12:43
http://www.jgsales.com/vz2008-sporter-7.62x39-w-fixed-synthetic-stock-milled-receiver,-by-cai.-p-4624.html

Looks like you could get $700 for it afterall

cbr954fz1
July 14, 2013, 17:12
the difference is the vz2008 has a U.S. rec and barrel, the Czech has original rec and barrel, pushing their price point a little higher.. nothing wrong w/the vz2008 (got one myself).. you wont go wrong w/the rifle being offered to you.. cbr

jam762
July 14, 2013, 18:50
http://www.jgsales.com/vz2008-sporter-7.62x39-w-fixed-synthetic-stock-milled-receiver,-by-cai.-p-4624.html

Looks like you could get $700 for it afterall

CFS has them for $599, I got mine from them. Looks & feels great. I hope to get it to the range some time this week.

My FFL raised his transfer price from $15 to $20 & I still paid less than $700.

MK ULTRA
July 16, 2013, 05:47
$500

Quality firearms will always hold their value. Not a temporary inflated value, due to a shooting, but their normal value. That is as long as our economy stays somewhat steady. If we drop to a 50% unemployment rate, and your laid off, you may take what you can get.

But beyond that ammo will continue to rise. A person will feel safe with a quality weapon and 2-300 rounds of expensive ammo.

Jmo

P.I. Staker
July 19, 2013, 21:51
A CAI Vz-2008 is not the same as a Czechpoint VZ-58. The Czechpoint rifle is a much better firearm and good value for the money.

Bladewurk
July 20, 2013, 21:27
$900 around here

LYCAN
July 20, 2013, 22:57
A CAI Vz-2008 is not the same as a Czechpoint VZ-58. The Czechpoint rifle is a much better firearm and good value for the money.

I wasn't aware of that, thanks

armoredman
July 25, 2013, 22:11
That's not a factory original Czechpoint rifle - CzechpointUSA rifles do not have a bayonet lug nor do they have a muzzle break. What it is, is either a Century vz-2008, (which would lower the value somewhat), or it's a Czechpoint that has been modified with a different aftermarket barrel, and I'd want to know who did the work.
This is what a CzechpointUSA rifle barrel looks like straight from the factory.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/armoredman/vZ58openbox2.jpg (http://s16.photobucket.com/user/armoredman/media/vZ58openbox2.jpg.html)

The only Czechpoint rifle to come with a removable muzzle break is the 5.56mm version, which that isn't, unfortunately, as that would be worth a bit more.

cbr954fz1
July 27, 2013, 00:12
well the vz2008 came w/stock furniture.. that's a Czechpoint sporter. no U.S parts. hunting version, I think..cbr .

armoredman
July 27, 2013, 18:50
Nope - no CzechpointUSA rifle comes in with a bayonet mount. They sell the pigstickers, but for importation reasons, the barrels, which are Czech surplus, have no pigsticker mount on them, and they do not come with a muzzle break, but a barrel extension welded on, all for 922(r) compliance. Ask Dan Brown directly - he'll tell you the exact same thing. This may have a CzechpointUSa receiver, (they do sometimes sell stripped receivers for builds), but they didn't build that gun, no question about it.
If the receiver says CzechpointUSA plus D-Technik or Czech Small Arms, (CSA), then it is either a build or a rework.

The picture I have above is a CzechpointUSA Sporter with the bare bones of compliance parts to use the standard capacity magazines as it came out of the box - which it's sitting on. :) I have added parts since then, and it now looks like this,

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/armoredman/vz-58%20targets%20and%20pics/travelcompanion.jpg (http://s16.photobucket.com/user/armoredman/media/vz-58%20targets%20and%20pics/travelcompanion.jpg.html)

The rifle in the OP is worth about $500 as is. If a Century, maybe a little more. If a build from an unknown builder, maybe less.

cbr954fz1
July 28, 2013, 08:58
sorry didn't mean the op's vz.. I was looking at yours. I also like the final look. did you get alittle more reach w/the folding stock? I put the original sporter stocks on mine for alittle more length...:smile: cbr

armoredman
July 28, 2013, 17:57
Ah, yes, mine is a CzechpointUSA Sporter, originally. The folding stock has a number of things going for it, including the cheek riser for optics. And yes, it IS for hunting...will be used for coyotes soon.

aussiedave
August 20, 2013, 10:24
I have one I will be selling next year, I have the rifle and 18 mags, the gun has had 200rds through it, then stored. I have had to return to Australia for family reasons and am selling the stuff I cannot have here.

Buster H
August 20, 2013, 13:15
Ah, yes, mine is a CzechpointUSA Sporter, originally. The folding stock has a number of things going for it, including the cheek riser for optics. And yes, it IS for hunting...will be used for coyotes soon.

Armored,
Do you happen to have the original sporter furniture laying around, specifically the buttstock? I have the plasticized faux wood military furniture on my Czechpoint, and the LOP is too short. Maybe I could take it off yer hands.

Buster

cjjtulsa
August 21, 2013, 10:52
That's not a factory original Czechpoint rifle - CzechpointUSA rifles do not have a bayonet lug nor do they have a muzzle break. What it is, is either a Century vz-2008, (which would lower the value somewhat), or it's a Czechpoint that has been modified with a different aftermarket barrel, and I'd want to know who did the work.

Or someone could have had the FSB replaced with an original, bayo-lug unit? The brake is easy to add, the FSB not so much.

ducvet
August 21, 2013, 20:59
I would want to see who the receiver is made by.
D-Technic and you could have a top shelf VZ

Century VZ 2008 would be worth less ( not worthless :wink:), But have a above average reputation as a century product. You do need to find out who built it to get a value.

I have a D-Technic built by Waffenwerks that came with a bayonet lug and the muzzle break just as shown in the OP picture. It uses all the same parts CZechpoint uses just has the FSB and muzzle device changed. It would say Waffen werks on the receiver.

armoredman
August 21, 2013, 23:49
Buster, oddly enough I do have the plastic Sporter Stock laying about, just looked at it under a layer of dust. It is missing the pistol grip screw which CzechpointUSA would probably replace for free.
ducvet, that was my point - whoever built that rifle, it wasn't CzechpointUSA. I've heard good things about Waffenwerks, not so good about ORF.
cjjtulsa, yes it could be replaced, but to be LEGALLY done it would have to be a gunsmith, since the act of removing the barrel extension and putting on the muzzle brake creates an SBR for a short time, and you know how ATFE thrives on "technicalities". :redface: I'm leaning towards Century vz-2008, and that DOESN'T mean it's bad - the vz-2008 seems to be the only Century built rifle with a good reputation.

cjjtulsa
August 22, 2013, 06:11
cjjtulsa, yes it could be replaced, but to be LEGALLY done it would have to be a gunsmith, since the act of removing the barrel extension and putting on the muzzle brake creates an SBR for a short time, and you know how ATFE thrives on "technicalities". :redface:

You can DIY the muzzle device, just make sure you permanently attach the new muzzle device in a timely manner. "Getting around to it" could land a guy in hot water. I did mine myself, and posted some pics of it on the cz forum. I'd like to replace the FSB, but I don't have a press, and with my luck I wouldn't be one of the lucky ones where just a block of wood and a mallet would R&R it. I do hate the fact that it's neutered, though.