PDA

View Full Version : The RHINO

riffraff2
June 18, 2013, 17:14
I have one with the 4" bbl. It is the only revolver I own or care to own. I have owned 2 other revolvers in the past, a Ruger speed or security(long time ago, can't remember now) six in 9mm and a Ruger SP 101 357 mag. with the 3+inch? bbl. My 9's are fun but sometimes you gotta scratch the magnum itch.

What are the opinions of these revolvers amongst the real revolver fans out there?

I really want to know, the good, the bad and the ugly. I will say this, the "hammer pull" is far to heavy to be useful, it is best to just stick with double action which is fine on this gun IMO.

jugrunner
June 18, 2013, 17:28
... POS ...

DYNOMIKE
June 18, 2013, 18:08
... POS ...

LOL!!!!
Pretty much sums it up there Jugs.... :rofl:

riffraff2
June 18, 2013, 19:29
... POS ...

Would you care to elaborate.

P.S. Have you fired one?

riffraff2
June 18, 2013, 19:30
LOL!!!!
Pretty much sums it up there Jugs.... :rofl:

You too. What do you mean, exactly.

Have you fired one?

jugrunner
June 18, 2013, 19:50
Would you care to elaborate.

P.S. Have you fired one?

elaborate ... ??? ... yes ... an expensive POS ... !!!

DYNOMIKE
June 18, 2013, 20:02
You too. What do you mean, exactly.

Have you fired one?

I'm mostly just fuggin W/ya mang..

I think they are Fugly as hell but I've never actually shot one.. Shared my thoughts on another thread and noted some misinformation there.. I was told by a friend they had a LOT of x-tra parts inside and took his word as gospel.. Concerns that all the xtra parts might make it less reliable troubled me..

Posted that info and ate crow for it but WTF, even I can make a mistake but have no prob taking the heat for it.. :shades:

Wildcat
June 18, 2013, 23:03
Pro: Having the barrel before the lowest chamber in the cylinder should cure muzzle flip pretty well.

Caveats:
All that complicated lockwork inside and it doesn't result in a user friendly trigger pull.

Iron sight parallax. Scope would be worse.

It doesn't reload any faster than what's already on the market.

If you blow one up expect to get hurt. Normal revolvers lose the top of the cylinder and sometimes the topstrap but the blast goes upward and injuries frequently are minimal.