PDA

View Full Version : Dreams do come true

Guy-epic
June 18, 2013, 12:36
So today I will be picking up my stainless Ruger MK2 slab side competition pistol. Very low round count, has the competition grips on it, one magazine, a beeman scope ( which will go on my beeman pellet gun likely) very clean pistol. I found it at a estate sale of a hoarder. All the other guns were pellet guns my friend bought all the good ones. Saved this for me I have wanted one for years and have just not found a good deal. Price is $550 she had help with prices from a friend who knew what it was and the pellet guns I think it was her dead husbands friend who also collects air rifles.

Guy-epic
June 19, 2013, 19:10

Here she is my new baby that scope needs to go. Did a little field strip oh the joy of doing that on a ruger, I do not think this was ever fired! this is going to be awesome I have been wanting to start shooting bulls eye

Timber Wolf
June 20, 2013, 07:35
Good looking Ruger. I have three MKIIs, a standard, 5 1/2" Bull, and 6 7/8" Target, all blued. I would love to find a Gov't model or nice stainless slab side like you have. I know what you paid is about the going rate but it pains me to see that price. I paid $85, $100, and $175 for mine, all used.:cry::cry:

Guy-epic
June 20, 2013, 10:28
Good looking Ruger. I have three MKIIs, a standard, 5 1/2" Bull, and 6 7/8" Target, all blued. I would love to find a Gov't model or nice stainless slab side like you have. I know what you paid is about the going rate but it pains me to see that price. I paid $85, $100, and $175 for mine, all used.:cry::cry:

I look at it this way a new one is 650 plus tax and the grips, that is for a mk3 which I hate and will never own. After I field striped this I found it had never been fired at all. So not bad

catmguy445
June 20, 2013, 12:26
Now all you need is a Volquartsen trigger kit for it.:wink:

Guy-epic
June 20, 2013, 15:01
Now all you need is a Volquartsen trigger kit for it.:wink:

Ordered it last night, any ideas on a red dot that works nice but won't break the bank

Guy-epic
June 21, 2013, 13:22

Not to bad at 30 feet with out that god aweful scope i took off. A couple of Fliers but nothing horrible the center orange is the size of a quarter.

Artful
June 25, 2013, 04:53
Nice find. I have been looking at Bushnell TRS-25 red dot as it's getting good reviews unlike ultradot's

Grahamneall
June 25, 2013, 09:16
Be careful about putting the Beeman scope on a pellet rifle.

Pellet rifles will destroy the reticules in a scope not designed for a pellet gun. Something about the spring-shock ??

Graham.
Austin, Tx

Guy-epic
June 25, 2013, 11:07
Be careful about putting the Beeman scope on a pellet rifle.

Pellet rifles will destroy the reticules in a scope not designed for a pellet gun. Something about the spring-shock ??

Graham.
Austin, Tx

I have heard that I will have to look up what the beeman scope was made for I will likely try and trade it off or sell it I am not going to use it on this Pistol. But thanks for the info it does confirm what some one said to me. two people said it so it must be true.

Grahamneall
June 26, 2013, 10:28
I think you will find this to be correct....

Pellet scopes are as cheap as chips.....you can get a BSA pellet scope for under $30.

Graham.

catmguy445
June 26, 2013, 18:31
I have heard that I will have to look up what the beeman scope was made for I will likely try and trade it off or sell it I am not going to use it on this Pistol. But thanks for the info it does confirm what some one said to me. two people said it so it must be true.

If it's a Beeman scope, the chances are very good that it is built for an air gun. Beeman's primary business for the last several decades has been dedicated to the sale and promotion of air guns. They have at least two firms, Weirauch and RWS make air rifles FOR Beeman, with the Beeman name on them. They also sell other manufacturers' brands of air guns. They also have air gun optics made for them by different firms, and unless Beeman's quality has slipped significantly, the scopes should be pretty decent quality.

Air gun scopes ARE internally braced differently than cartridge firearm scopes, because the recoil forces are in different directions. Yes, putting a standard scope on an air rifle WILL damage the scope's internal components and can destroy the scope. Putting an air gun scope on a .22 is usually something you can get away with, because .22's don't generate that much in the way of recoil force.

In general, air gun scopes have roughly the same degree of quality differences that cartredge firearm scopes do. There are cheap ones, moderately priced ones, and expensive ones. A good air rifle scope will be just as good quality and cost just as much as a good cartridge firearm scope.

And Graham, I would beg do differ with you. I'm guessing that you based your opinion of air gun scopes on one cheap BSA model, which is equivalent to saying that because a Yugo is a crappy car, so is a Ferrari. Neither case is correct.

Grahamneall
July 05, 2013, 10:50
No...I was just saying that you can purchase a BSA pellet scope for very little money....wasn't comparing them to other manufacturer's.
Graham.

Guy-epic
July 05, 2013, 15:55
Going back to the range today to see what my new little friend can do.

Guy-epic
July 07, 2013, 15:00

Another great day at the range seems like the more I shoot the better it gets. So far at 30 feet it is a fun challenge. My goal is to get ten on the orange. The orange is about the size of a quarter