PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Build a VZ-58 (VZ-2008) ??

DCBROWN
June 11, 2013, 21:58
Has anyone built one ? Apex has the kits and the receivers are $200 on gun broker.
If so..Share your experiences and pics please

12v71
June 22, 2013, 21:08
Havent built one, But I have a Century VZ2008. And mine is awesome! Love that toy. Accuracy to 100 yds is minute of rockchuck easy.

armoredman
June 23, 2013, 13:29
If you've never built a rifle, don't start with the vz-58 - CzechpointUSA rates them as a "difficult" build, so much so they won't take receivers back if you can't get it together.
I have never built one and would want to try, but if you do, good luck and have fun!

cbr954fz1
June 24, 2013, 19:29
I built 2.. first on an original receiver which was a bitch because the barrel was slightly larger than the rec.. the second was on a orf receiver and that went together easier, cause I had to knurl the barrel.. both ended up being great shooters + I bought a vz2008 also (too cheap to pass up $360)... great guns.. I built my first ak47 2 months ago and thought that was harder than the vz58 build...akforum has great info and tutorials for the vz58 build.. good luck... cbr

justashooter
June 26, 2013, 18:05
i had 2 complete kit/receiver/USparts packages that i sold to a young kid not long ago. he had never built anything in the way of guns before, but was in a hurry to start, so i let him have them for 2006 pricing. he finished the first one in a week, no problems, using the photo tutorial on projectguns.net. did my heart good to sucker in another one...

FUUN063
June 28, 2013, 11:01
I built one some time ago. It went together rather easy. The only issue I had was the HTS assembly, which is US from CNC Warrior. The sear simply went down too far. A small spot of TIG weld in the right place limited this and it works fine. Just a note, there are two different diameters of barrels at the breech end and two different diameters of the receiver hole.

Leland