PDA

View Full Version : this is no b.s.

June 02, 2013, 01:20
went shooting the 4" colt python today, a work of art not to equalled today. i saw a 4" long lizard near my target, skittering around in the sun. range about 30 yards, i took aim, single action mode, fired and blew out the lizard's neck just below the skull, instant kill. annie oakley would've been proud.

Right Side Up
June 02, 2013, 02:04
Awesome...... :rolleyes:

Some people do stupid things with guns.

RG Coburn
June 02, 2013, 07:23
Did you clean it and cook it?

jeffrey
June 02, 2013, 09:03
30 yards.
I might be able to see a 4" lizard at 30 feet.
I know you said no bs, but...

June 02, 2013, 09:14
i have photographic evidence, just don't know how to post.

MAINER
June 02, 2013, 10:05
Good shot, but....

Please do not post pics of a 4" lizard that was hit by a .357 Mag. Thanks! :tongue:

btw: Please don't shoot anything that eats bugs. :shades:

SWOHFAL
June 02, 2013, 15:44
i have photographic evidence, just don't know how to post.

That you were 30 yds. away when you took the shot or just of a dead lizard?

4x401
June 02, 2013, 18:07
You guy's are brutal.http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m44/4x401cj/The_Villagers_zps84337811.gif (http://s101.photobucket.com/user/4x401cj/media/The_Villagers_zps84337811.gif.html):rofl:

I was taught very young that if I killed something, I had better have the intention of eating it because one way or another, that was going to be the result or else..http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m44/4x401cj/slap_1_zps52b5de2d.gif (http://s101.photobucket.com/user/4x401cj/media/slap_1_zps52b5de2d.gif.html)

Retired Bum
June 02, 2013, 18:18
In the Army I was taught how to kill the "enemy" whomever that might be at any given time. But nothing was said about eating them........

And so it goes.

The Retired One

EPC WN
June 02, 2013, 19:11
More evidence of fan-dome and not following...

brunop
June 02, 2013, 22:30
Good shooting. Pythons are the sweetest revolvers built in the 20th - IMHO.

Wish I'd bought more earlier.

Timber Wolf
June 03, 2013, 08:05
Wish I'd bought more earlier.

Your comment indicates you have several. Quit hogging, turn a few of them loose on the market so more can enjoy their awesomeness. I only have one little 4” “shooter grade” Python myself, I chose to leave the rest so others may have a chance at owning one. That, or it is the only one that got close in my price range.:rolleyes:

olgier
June 03, 2013, 08:22
Pythons were designed to eat lizards. :biggrin:

brunop
June 03, 2013, 10:09
Your comment indicates you have several. Quit hogging, turn a few of them loose on the market so more can enjoy their awesomeness. I only have one little 4” “shooter grade” Python myself, I chose to leave the rest so others may have a chance at owning one. That, or it is the only one that got close in my price range.:rolleyes:

No - that's the problem. I have one: 6" polished SS from the custom shop. Cost more than almost any firearm I own. Because I was stupid (and pissed) at the guy I was bidding against on gunbroker. I guess he didn't want it as bad as I thought. :biggrin:

I'm still bemoaning the fact that in 1987 I didn't buy the $300 nickel 6" Python at Bi-Mart when they closed out their handgun inventory. Damn.

Jeff in Pa
June 03, 2013, 21:03
While you actually did shoot a small lizard at 30 yards, most stories I've heard that started out "this is no BS" were complete and total bullshit. :D

charles isaac
June 06, 2013, 13:17
Most people claim BS when they here a description of the USMC rifle and pistol qualification courses.

If you ever saw an Infantry Officer shoot "Expert" on the USMC pistol course, you'd probably believe 0302 could blow a lizards head off at 30m with a friggen Python.

tdb59
June 06, 2013, 16:15
If you ever saw an Infantry Officer shoot "Expert" on the USMC pistol course, you'd probably believe 0302 could blow a lizards head off at 30m with a friggen Python.

Without a First Shirt assisting with a minor crossfire ?

:D

Olaf
June 06, 2013, 20:53
Most people claim BS when they here a description of the USMC rifle and pistol qualification courses.

When I was a kid my uncle (USMC) used to tell a story, for some reason they were on the range with some Army guys, and were haveing a little fun with them about qualifying at 300 and being able to use their packs as a rest, he says one guy asks him (with attitude) well how do you guys do it?, he smiles and tells him, we cant use a rest and you see that line WAY back there, we shoot from there. He says all the Jar Heads qualifyed Army expert with Their (army guys) M16's, they wanted to know how to do that thing with the sling.

OP, Nice shot, how bout a pic of the Colt??

seabee2
June 07, 2013, 21:18
i am glad som body finally got that gieco lizard !! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

acolonelofcorn
June 07, 2013, 21:35
lot lizard?

Retired Bum
June 07, 2013, 23:28
My first Python was a six inch model with the Royal Blue finish. Took it to the prison range one day for some shooting and spotted a chipmunk down range just past the 25 yard target line. The little varmit stood straight up and I put a .38 HBWC through his kill zone. Went out to have a look and that HBWC had cut a clean hole all the way through him. My first and only kill with that Python....

And so it goes.

The Retired One

June 08, 2013, 21:56
the python has the finest double & single action trigger i have ever used. sometimes me thinks the glock trigger ain't so bad, shoot the python, and get my mind set right again. i was shooting 8"x18" steel plates at 100 yards too. the flat shooting .357 magnum thru a python is a revelation. its that good.

catmguy445
June 10, 2013, 21:04
While you actually did shoot a small lizard at 30 yards, most stories I've heard that started out "this is no BS" were complete and total bullshit. :D

Navy guys, current or former, will understand this one. You know the difference between a fairy tale and a sea story? It's easy. A fairy tale starts out "Once upon a time", and a sea story starts with "Now this is no bullshit".

I don't doubt your marksmanship abilities or the accuracy of the Python. It's more that some lines are just too good to pass up. :rofl:

Boomer
June 11, 2013, 21:31
Navy guys, current or former, will understand this one. You know the difference between a fairy tale and a sea story? It's easy. A fairy tale starts out "Once upon a time", and a sea story starts with "Now this is no bullshit".

I don't doubt your marksmanship abilities or the accuracy of the Python. It's more that some lines are just too good to pass up. :rofl:

And a slight variation "Now, this is a no shitter". :smile:

Robert