PDA

View Full Version : where to go to rebarrel?

D.ID
May 31, 2013, 22:19
I love my woo but just have no further use for the neutered version of the 223 and it's limited practical range, I also have No interest in the gas impingement ARs.
So with my interests in longer ranges and the endless supply of brass, mags and drums I have for this thing. I need to rebarrel to a fast twist 223 for 75-80 grain pills, rebarrel to 6x45 or just unload the full kit and invest in another bolt gun.
I sent out some e-mails to prospective smiths last year and never heard back. Anyone know someone that can and will get the job done?
Truly appreciate any possible leads, Thanks

s0b3
May 31, 2013, 22:39
I love my woo but just have no further use for the neutered version of the 223 and it's limited practical range, I also have No interest in the gas impingement ARs.
So with my interests in longer ranges and the endless supply of brass, mags and drums I have for this thing. I need to rebarrel to a fast twist 223 for 75-80 grain pills, rebarrel to 6x45 or just unload the full kit and invest in another bolt gun.
I sent out some e-mails to prospective smiths last year and never heard back. Anyone know someone that can and will get the job done?
Truly appreciate any possible leads, Thanks

moses here can take care of you. derek at daewoorifleparts.com can as well.

mitchellh
June 01, 2013, 14:05
moses here can take care of you. derek at daewoorifleparts.com can as well.

yep.

D.ID
June 01, 2013, 22:25
Thank you folks, will try Moses first and follow up with Derek if need be.

aardq
June 15, 2013, 00:17
Have you gotten any info from either smith? Please post when you do.

Thanks,
Dan

D.ID
June 20, 2013, 21:32
Nope, no response to emails sent to Moses. Have not tried Derek or the telephone ..........yet.

moses
June 23, 2013, 15:24
Hmmmm I don't remember seeing an email from you but it may have been lost in my spam as I have just in the last few month been getting at least 50 spam emails a day!!!!

I can convert AR barrels to fit and function in Daewoo's, it is a very time consuming and tedious process but there really is no other choices out there that I know of.

I put a 1/9 twist 16" AR barrel on one of my Daewoo's and it shoots better than the original did by far and I can use heavier bullets now too!

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5285/5247941126_455281b0ac_z.jpg

And here is a pic showing Original Woo barrel compared to unaltered AR barrel and Converted AR barrel installed on Rifle.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5245/5247939116_a73096e4ca_b.jpg

If you search the Daewoo files you should find a few threads on these conversions.

here is the main one http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=300269

Main problem is finding virgin AR barrels without the gasport hole already drilled.
Although I can weld them up it adds to the cost.

D.ID
June 23, 2013, 21:18
Hey Moses, Nice to see you chime in.
If you are interested in the work give me some idea of potential cost involved in such a project and what barrel profile would be ideal to work from and I will start looking for one unless you already have a source. Thanks.......D