PDA

View Full Version : Why May I NOT Post Attachments?

Douglas Wozny
May 10, 2013, 13:14
What secret handshake must I learn before I can post pictures?

Also, why when I use the insert image icon and try to insert from my photo bucket account it doesn't work?

W.E.G.
May 10, 2013, 13:26
You have to be a contributor to upload attachments to the board.

The "upload attachments" function is pretty much bullshit anyway.
Even once you are authorized (i.e. have become a contributor), you are forced to re-size your images to a size smaller than it probably already is.

You can avoid all that bullshit by just learning how to use Photobucket, or some such similar free pic-hosting site.

We still want you to contribute though if you are using this site a lot.
We put up with a lot of shit here that would get your ass reamed riki-tik elsewhere.

crawlinjeep
May 10, 2013, 17:07
Thankfully there are some thick skinned mods here.

I do not use the image posting here. I post to my website then link to the photo there. Just easier.

riderboy
May 11, 2013, 07:21
You have to be a contributor to upload attachments to the board.

The "upload attachments" function is pretty much bullshit anyway.
Even once you are authorized (i.e. have become a contributor), you are forced to re-size your images to a size smaller than it probably already is.

You can avoid all that bullshit by just learning how to use Photobucket, or some such similar free pic-hosting site.

We still want you to contribute though if you are using this site a lot.
We put up with a lot of shit here that would get your ass reamed riki-tik elsewhere.

How does one become a contributor? Does an avatar come with that as well?

L Haney
May 11, 2013, 07:37
http://www.falfiles.com/forums/payments.php

def90
May 11, 2013, 09:03
Also, why when I use the insert image icon and try to insert from my photo bucket account it doesn't work?

Can you try to post a link to photobucket here? Then we can look at it and figure out what you are missing.

idsubgun
May 11, 2013, 14:28
What secret handshake must I learn before I can post pictures?

When you have your photo up in Photobucket, there will be four options on the right.
1) Email & IM
2) Direct
3) HTML
4) IMG

Left click on IMG and it should say "copied".

And then don't use the "Insert Image" icon. Just paste the link from Photobucket into your post. It already has the IMG URL.

riderboy
May 12, 2013, 08:00
http://www.falfiles.com/forums/payments.php

Done. Thank you!

L Haney
May 12, 2013, 08:25
Idsubgun just gave you the simplest way to get a photo on your post.

I try to limit the size of the picture to maybe 600X800 pixels. Most of the time that is big enough. Photobucket gives you the option of resizing your pic for you when it's uploaded.

We do get the occasional bill board size photo here, but most of the time that is a distraction.

andresere
May 14, 2013, 06:29
We do get the occasional bill board size photo here, but most of the time that is a distraction.

Especially in "Chicks in Uniform". When you see......THE EYE!!!!!!:uhoh: