View Full Version : cz P-01 $700?

Walther Rathenau
April 11, 2013, 17:28
I've spent the last few days checking out a lot of firearms. Handguns specifically, I don't know a lot about them and I must of tried like every one. My main criteria was that I didn't want a polymer gun.

My favorite may definitley be the P-01, but I didn't like the finish on the one at the gun store, so I bought something else instead. But I recently saw another one and it really looked good. I now really want to buy it.

Theres one a local store for $650 no night sights, and on gunbroker they are getting 650-750 bucks easily. This seems like a massive price jump. I'm not sure I can rationalize that for a $500 pistol. I really can't figure out why they're going for so much, but I really want one and don't want to miss the chance to get them. Their must be a reason why people are paying $700 for them though.

April 12, 2013, 13:45
Scarcity - CZ-USA is getting them in as fast as they can, but supply and demand will always have that cozy relationship. I hope supply catches up soon - $700 for a P01 is a wee bit high. Did you czech with czcustom.com, yet?

April 13, 2013, 16:38
FWIW my SP01 9mm was about $630 shipped from Bud's. Took a while but it was worth the wait.

April 22, 2013, 13:42
My son, Flyer Jr., just got one of these and it is very cool.

I shot it Saturday.

Now I want one too.

Not really a big fan of double action pistols overall but this one is pretty neat.

Very light and easy to carry with 15 rounds of 9mm +P goodness ready to go if needed....