PDA

View Full Version : Benelli Nova Tactical

FAL Banger
March 25, 2013, 16:20
Looking at a new tactical shotgun and the Benelli Nova Tactical looks pretty good. I looked at Youtube and some guy says they are prone to jam. Anyone have experience with this weapon? What do you all say about it?

Zhago
April 06, 2013, 16:25
I've had a m4 12ga sense they came out, and never had a failure of any kind. My son even used it in his 3 gun comp. When his was being fitted with a new extended magazine. He also never experienced any failures of any kind, even after 10-15k rounds.

Go for the nova, and I assure you that you'll be a happy camper

riffraff2
April 06, 2013, 19:01
I as I understand thangs, the M4 is a different ballgame from the other Benelli shotguns. The M4 is a gas gun wheras I believe the rest of the Benelli line is the inertia recoil operation type??? Is the Nova tactical a gas gun or a inertia/recoil type action?

nearmisses
April 06, 2013, 20:21
Everything I read says it's a pump.

riffraff2
April 06, 2013, 23:20
Everything I read says it's a pump.

Please pardon me. "A pump", I am out. Carry on.

Jailguard
April 07, 2013, 06:07
I have had a Nova for a few years and it never jammed. my only complaint is that accessories for it are expensive. I also wanted to get a longer barrel for it but that cost almost as much as a complete gun. They are a good pump gun and will shoot very well with 00 and slugs ( mine would put 3 touching at 50 yard). That being said now I would probably go for and 870 Mag.

fal762
April 07, 2013, 10:09
I've got the granddaddy of all Benellis- the 121 M1 and love it!!
Would love to own an M4 also.

Zhago
April 07, 2013, 18:55
Sorry about the confusion. I know the nova's & super nova's are pump guns. I was just trying to speak to the dependability of the bennelli in general. In my opinion the 870 does have a slight edge over the nova in speed, but not in dependability.

Every shooter will find a certain weapon that just feels right for them. You have started out right by asking questions, and the members of this forum will not steer you wrong.

Good luck with whatever you choose

J. Armstrong
April 27, 2013, 18:06
What's the recoil like? A deputy once told me the one he was issued was bad (IIRC he had experience with 500s and/or 870s which he mentioned having less recoil) and he mentioned the optional recoil reducer was $100+ around 2004'ish.

The inertia operated Benellis do have a bit sharper kick. I never found it to be a problem, but I'm also not a user of 3" mags, which I would imagine might get your attention. I had a 121M1 which I wish I had kept, and then an M1Super 90. Both were absolutely flawless in function except with very light loads ( surprise) which really aren't the sort of loads you want in a tactical shotgun anway.

The inertia Benellis do have unique manuals of arms, so it behooves an owner to practice and stay familiar with procedures.

I know two guys with Novas, no problems reported, but they are not frquent shooters, FWIW.