PDA

View Full Version : Noob to the Woo-a few questions

victor71
March 24, 2013, 09:37
Hello Gentlemen,just picked up an AR100,the rifles intrigued me for years but I never had the opportunity to pick one up until recently (friend of mine had one and decided to stick with the 74 platform,and I thought it would be a great compliment to the SCAR 16)

I have a few questions regarding the rifle-

1.What are the gas adjustment markings and locations (i.e.-positions and letter meanings)?

2.How hard is it to mod a set of standard metric FAL handguards to replace the factory ones? (does anyone have a set of used plastic ones they want to part with?:))

3.Is there a bolt on AR buffer tube adapter in existence or an ACE stock that will bolt up to the AR100 folding mechanism?

4.What kind of accuracy have you guys been getting out of the Woo?

The mods I would like to do to the carbine are as follows-90 degree saftey,oversized bolt handle,FAL handguards and a different stock-either ACE or Magpul CTR/MOE.(It already has a 14.5'' chop to the barrel.)-any help/advice in these areas would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thanks in advance.

dsertdog56
March 24, 2013, 10:27
Hello Gentlemen,just picked up an AR100,the rifles intrigued me for years but I never had the opportunity to pick one up until recently (friend of mine had one and decided to stick with the 74 platform,and I thought it would be a great compliment to the SCAR 16)

I have a few questions regarding the rifle-

1.What are the gas adjustment markings and locations (i.e.-positions and letter meanings)?

Answer: "M" is the normal postion for most ammo, I is an oversized port for dirty ammo or poor conditions, S is for extreme heat/hot ammo and O is closed (grenade launching) the rifle will not cycle.

2.How hard is it to mod a set of standard metric FAL handguards to replace the factory ones? (does anyone have a set of used plastic ones they want to part with?:))

3.Is there a bolt on AR buffer tube adapter in existence or an ACE stock that will bolt up to the AR100 folding mechanism?

Yes, Daewoo Rifle Parts (DaewooRifleParts.com) has them and I believe Stormwerks might.

4.What kind of accuracy have you guys been getting out of the Woo?

The mods I would like to do to the carbine are as follows-90 degree saftey,oversized bolt handle,FAL handguards and a different stock-either ACE or Magpul CTR/MOE.(It already has a 14.5'' chop to the barrel.)-any help/advice in these areas would be greatly appreciated as well.

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=349566

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331956

Thanks in advance.

I have a link to the DR200 manual which I believe uses a similar takedown to your AR-100 but someone with more experience can post on that. It also describes the gas plug operation and other features.

Welcome to the cult of Woo!

victor71
March 24, 2013, 12:02
I have a link to the DR200 manual which I believe uses a similar takedown to your AR-100 but someone with more experience can post on that. It also describes the gas plug operation and other features.

Welcome to the cult of Woo!

Thanks for the info,BTW I am in for an OS charging handle,I did post in your thread.I will be contacting THE MAN for the rest of the goodies I want. So far I like the taste of the Woo kool aid.

KaBoom
March 24, 2013, 12:52
Gas adjustments:
L=Large, a big hole to let lots of gas pressure through to cycle the action.
M=Medium, less gas pressure.
S=Small
0= Zero, it basically turns off the cycling system so you work it like a manual bolt action rifle, it is also the position to use when firing grenades.

When you settle on what ammo you want to use, adjust the gas plug to which ever setting lets the gun run reliably without beating it to death, mine have always been M for medium.

I just finished putting this quadrail on mine, LOVE IT!

victor71
March 24, 2013, 15:51
Gas adjustments:
L=Large, a big hole to let lots of gas pressure through to cycle the action.
M=Medium, less gas pressure.
S=Small
0= Zero, it basically turns off the cycling system so you work it like a manual bolt action rifle, it is also the position to use when firing grenades.

When you settle on what ammo you want to use, adjust the gas plug to which ever setting lets the gun run reliably without beating it to death, mine have always been M for medium.

I just finished putting this quadrail on mine, LOVE IT!

Thank you for the info,the rail looks great.A standard plastic FAL handguard would suit my purposes perfectly,all I need is a longer handguard for mounting a picatinny rail section for a light and a sling.

s0b3
March 24, 2013, 23:39

i don't think any mods are needed if you just want to pressure fit it. some have had good luck with that. others who want a more permanent solution will either relocate the screw hole to use the factory lug or weld a new lug in place of the fal screw hole.

i don't believe anyone has made that product. i have a homebrewed piece that fits the knuckle with the AR15 threads. if you really wanted an ar15 stock, i'd say get a daewoo dr-200 and mod that. much more aftermarket support

oz in SC
March 26, 2013, 11:57
I'll trade you a DR200 for your AR100,I even have an adapter for the AR stock.....:tongue:

victor71
March 26, 2013, 17:48

i don't think any mods are needed if you just want to pressure fit it. some have had good luck with that. others who want a more permanent solution will either relocate the screw hole to use the factory lug or weld a new lug in place of the fal screw hole.

i don't believe anyone has made that product. i have a homebrewed piece that fits the knuckle with the AR15 threads. if you really wanted an ar15 stock, i'd say get a daewoo dr-200 and mod that. much more aftermarket support

Thanks for the info,I think I will mess around and maybe prototype an adapter for the AR100.

victor71
March 26, 2013, 17:50
I'll trade you a DR200 for your AR100,I even have an adapter for the AR stock.....:tongue:

Thanks for the offer but I will have to pass, the majority of 5.56 I have is 62gr. and heavier.

oz in SC
March 26, 2013, 18:35
I am the opposite,all my 5.56 is 55gr.

victor71
March 27, 2013, 11:27
I am the opposite,all my 5.56 is 55gr.

Well then,I do have a DR200 upper (no BCG/recoil spring/piston/gas plug) in vg-ex con that came with the purchase of the AR100:D I was planning on selling it to fund other projects.

oz in SC
March 27, 2013, 11:49
Talk to Derek at Daewoorifles.com,he might be interested...

I have enough Dr200's...although wouldn't mind a couple more.:D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/warpaint59/Rifles/IMG_0373_zps8ac28481.jpg

victor71
March 28, 2013, 14:01
Talk to Derek at Daewoorifles.com,he might be interested...

I have enough Dr200's...although wouldn't mind a couple more.:D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/warpaint59/Rifles/IMG_0373_zps8ac28481.jpg

Nice! Will do. Thanks.

Daragoya
March 30, 2013, 23:34
FAL handguard on a Daewoo is a perfect fit, although I've seen a few that used a rotary tool (aka Dremel) to make the interior reinforcing ribs a bit more shallow. The FAL front screw is probably about 1/16th too long, but not noticeably so.

victor71
April 01, 2013, 14:56
Great info,thanks gentlemen.I do have a FAL handguard inbound,now to mess around with an AR buffer adapter or shorten the stock.I would hate to do that to the factory stock though.