PDA

View Full Version : Sig 232 slide locked to rear..any ideas?

D P Six
March 21, 2013, 10:39
A friend was shooting his Sig 232 when the slide locked back in the rearward position. With the magazine out the slide cannot be moved forward, pulled back or lifted off. Anyone have any suggestions?

ALL FAL
March 23, 2013, 20:41
when you put the Mag in does it move at all?

D P Six
March 23, 2013, 22:30
when you put the Mag in does it move at all?

Mag in or out, it's like someone welded it, no movement at all. The only thing I have found by searching is that the take down lever has been a problem, not allowing the slide to be removed but I don't know if it can cause a slide lockup. This problem occurred as my friend was shooting. He is sending it back to Sig. I sure am curious what would cause such a failure. I'll post the results when he gets the gun back.

cowbilly
March 24, 2013, 08:24
I have seen a barrel bulge cause this in other side arms, just something to check.

D P Six
March 24, 2013, 19:49
I have seen a barrel bulge cause this in other side arms, just something to check.

I e-mailed my friend to check the barrel if it hasn't already shipped. Thanks.

D P Six
March 25, 2013, 14:13

Cowbilly, you have nailed it. Friend just called and said he sees a ring inside the barrel. He said he will use a block of wood and a mallet and try to break things loose. We'll see what happens.

D P Six
April 03, 2013, 22:11
Friend just e-mailed. Sig said the gun is not under warranty as the slide/barrel is ported. I didn't know about that. Cost to replace slide and barrel - $375.