PDA

View Full Version : My Idea of a Zombie Gun!!

K. Funk
March 20, 2013, 18:23
NEF SB2 10 Ga....barrel cut to 18-1/2". I will get it all painted up in appropriate zombie slaying motif. I fired 1 3-1/2" out of it today. Not bad at all!!

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c272/kandainv/IMG_2306_zps94e6c030.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c272/kandainv/IMG_2307_zps8c1eaf5b.jpg

krf

mpnv
March 20, 2013, 19:02
Very cool....will get the job done. I just did that to an old one I picked up at an auction on the cheap. Some cold blueing and spray paint and it was awesome.

thunderchicken
March 21, 2013, 12:01
You expecting the zombies to come one at a time with plenty of time for reloading?

neilemore
March 21, 2013, 14:44
Who is going to get off 50 rds faster ? You with a 6 rd tube mag or your twin with a single shot ?

K. Funk
March 21, 2013, 15:40
It's more of a gimmick. For intense zombie offensives, I have other, more approriate hardware available. However, I must say with an auto eject feature and a 5 round bando on the butt, it ain't as slow as you might think. Gonna play with it this weekend and see how it patterns.

krf

JohnnyMac
March 21, 2013, 17:37
and with those big-ass 10 ga. x 3.5" hulls you can come up with some really interesting re-loads, I bet.

Steel ball-bearings
Flechettes
Broken glass
Assorted nuts & bolts
Gravel
Super-Magnesium-Titanium Sponge Dragon's Breath
Moth Balls
Half a roll of pennies...

The mind reels at the possibilities!

JMc

4x401
March 21, 2013, 19:00
That's sweet!!:D

easttex
March 21, 2013, 19:27
and with those big-ass 10 ga. x 3.5" hulls you can come up with some really interesting re-loads, I bet.

Steel ball-bearings
Flechettes
Broken glass
Assorted nuts & bolts
Gravel
Super-Magnesium-Titanium Sponge Dragon's Breath
Moth Balls
Half a roll of pennies...

The mind reels at the possibilities!

JMc
Moth balls?

mike minihan
March 22, 2013, 11:20
Moth balls?

Mothballs are VERY small. A 10 ga. shell can hold upwards of 15,000.

flopshot
March 22, 2013, 11:25
not good, big gun still need teh double tap. if you have another you could hose clamp them together.

supahtony
March 22, 2013, 11:31
Zombies are like unicorns, but how did you shorten the barrel?

davedude
March 22, 2013, 11:47
NEF SB2 10 Ga....barrel cut to 18-1/2". I will get it all painted up in appropriate zombie slaying motif. I fired 1 3-1/2" out of it today. Not bad at all!!

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c272/kandainv/IMG_2306_zps94e6c030.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c272/kandainv/IMG_2307_zps8c1eaf5b.jpg

krf

I like it! Looks just like a H&R Topper 12g I had at one time. Wish I still had it.
I need something like that to play around with "cut shells" in.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/k3M46XVfVOU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dave Dude

VonFireball
March 22, 2013, 23:37
However, I must say with an auto eject feature and a 5 round bando on the butt, it ain't as slow as you might think.

Yep. Two shells between the fingers of the support hand. Old lady has a 12 gauge model outfitted the same. The lightweight and compactness of it is handy. Also a bit easier to work than a pump when you are trying to drive.:biggrin:

I like that gun!

Timber Wolf
March 23, 2013, 10:33
If you can get the Zombies to cooperate and all stand close together you can take them all out at once! You only need one shot, plenty of time to reload before the second wave. I have an old Savage I cut down and fitted with a polychoke years ago in Vo-Tec Machine Shop & Welding class. Back when we could work on guns at the Vo-Tec school, they would have cow now. I hollowed out the butt for a few shells, fitted a butt cuff and slip over rubber recoil pad, and added sling swivels for a shell-carrying sling. Made up a pretty handy single shot truck gun. Trouble was, everytime I fired it I snatched the forend off.:confused:

riffraff2
March 23, 2013, 23:20
You folks talking keeping shells in between your fingers and such and are fast at reloading can just keep on dreaming on.

When the chips are down, guns like the one in the OP are worthless POS. The time spent on them would have been better spent on something that would be truly usefull.

But hey, it really is all about fun and fun is in the eye of the beholder.

VonFireball
March 24, 2013, 00:07
You folks talking keeping shells in between your fingers and such and are fast at reloading can just keep on dreaming on.

With some practice three shots in six seconds or less. With lots of practice even faster. Maybe you've never seen the double barrel cowboy shooters work? Maybe YOUR technique sucks. Maybe I should go shit on someone's lever gun thread cause when the chips are down it isn't as fast as a FAL. :rolleyes:

The time spent on them would have been better spent on something that would be truly usefull.

The time you spent opening your dumb mouth on this thread could've been spent more usefully too so what's your point? Dude's shotgun is cool, I like single shots, and you can talk smack about how worthless it is until someone shoots you with one, then get back to us.

Fact of the matter is I got a hankerin' to get me a 10 gauge H&R now and make a matching big daddy zombie shotgun to match my old ladies 12. Can't beat the cost for the fun factor except for 10 gauge shells.:eek:

zetabird
April 03, 2013, 22:56
i just got basicly the same gun at the local gunshow last week but it was done up in a uugly camo dip that i painted over for now. main difference is mine is a full length barrel still with a choke

gates
April 03, 2013, 23:22
no - you aspiring zombie killers need to get with the program, the KSG is unobtainium - next best option - a Benelli m4 with a full tube.

It's EXPENSIVE!

idsubgun
April 04, 2013, 09:06

Better tell that to big game hunters in Africa that use double rifles. That's the tried and true method for 100 years when hunting dangerous game. Two in the rifle, and two between your fingers.
I guarantee that a charging Cape Buffalo/Elephant/Lion/etc. is faster then any old zombie!
When I hunted Africa with my Ruger No. 1 rifles, that's what I did and it worked well. Well for me that is, didn't work out well for the animals!! :biggrin:

riffraff2
April 04, 2013, 16:38
no - you aspiring zombie killers need to get with the program, the KSG is unobtainium - next best option - a Benelli m4 with a full tube.

It's EXPENSIVE!

AND it is the CATS MEOW. Ifin the KSG were a semi it might, coulda, woulda, shoulda been the ultimate but it is a pump and the M4 is the top shotgun right now IMO.

idsubgun
April 04, 2013, 16:51
I just transferred in a KSG for a customer. I wasn't too impressed when I read about them but after handling one, I could own one......except for the price! :uhoh: