PDA

View Full Version : $5 Shoulder rig for CZ 83/82

MAINER
March 19, 2013, 16:29
Not real sure, but looks like a complete rig on closeout for anyone interested. I was looking for 550 parts and ran across this.
http://shop.cz-usa.com/P-11194/Shoulder-Holster-Cz8382.aspx

skeeterbay
March 19, 2013, 16:50
That looks to be a good deal if someone has a little 82.

Parts, Oh no! How did you manage to break a 550? :eek:

Edited to add: is snowing down there yet? I guess we have about 14" coming up this way tonight.

kev
March 19, 2013, 19:34
Great deal,.....thanks for the heads-up!

MAINER
March 20, 2013, 09:45
Skeeterbay; Yeah, been snowing all day and last night. Looks like we got our 14 inches of spring to shovel. :D

Didn't break it, just can't abide the "PLASTIC" :redface: floorplate anymore. This does not belong on a Mauser style rifle with a MSRP of near 900 dollars.
Lot of complaints of newer 550's with plastic bottom parts including the followers and homely stocks.

Kev, you be welcome. Expect you will find me a like deal on some King Cobra leather? :D

kev
March 20, 2013, 11:54
I'm guessing you're looking for a sling? I mean, how much leather can you get from a cobra anyhow?

skeeterbay
March 20, 2013, 15:43
Skeeterbay; Yeah, been snowing all day and last night. Looks like we got our 14 inches of spring to shovel. :D

Didn't break it, just can't abide the "PLASTIC" :redface: floorplate anymore. This does not belong on a Mauser style rifle with a MSRP of near 900 dollars.
Lot of complaints of newer 550's with plastic bottom parts including the followers and homely stocks.

Kev, you be welcome. Expect you will find me a like deal on some King Cobra leather? :D

Yea it snowed all night here and it's still snowing. If you lived closer you could borrow the plow truck or a tractor. I hope your driveway isn't like mine. shoveling a 100yds every time it's snows would get old quick.

I have a 550FS in 9.3X62mm, (my coyote gun) and it has a steel floorplate in it. However, a friend of mine has a 550 American or some such model and his also came with a plastic floor plate. He did the same thing you did. He bought a steel one.

MAINER
March 21, 2013, 08:31
Skeeterbay, you sure that's enough gun for Yotes? I'm guessing you're not worried about saving the hides. :rofl:
My 550 FS is a 6.5X55. A 7X57 or 9.3X62 would have been good too, but the salesman at the Trading Post said a 7X57 would'nt have made it to the sales rack.
Can you find ammo or cases for the 9.3? I see that blown-out 30-06's will work.

Kev, I met up with the real live kind a long time back, you could have made quite a few slings from that varmit.
I mean THIS King Cobra. I figger you know.
btw; Just seen these on GB with a bid over $1,000 and a $2,000 BIN price. I'm putting this one back in the box, can't afford to shoot such a high priced gun. :tongue:

skeeterbay
March 21, 2013, 09:50
The yote's don't run far;)

The 7X57 would have been nice but the 6.5 is a dandy cartridge. I was thinking down the road I might pick up another 550FS. I like them.

That's the funny thing about this panic stuff with the exception of powder and primers the odd ball caliber supplies seem to be in stock more than the mainstream calibers. Loaded ammo is funny too. You can't find any 223, 308 or even a 22lr round at PI's Walmart now days, but you can walk in this morning and buy 270, 30-06 and 7mm mag.

I had one of those king cobras for about a year back in the late 80's. I forget what they cost back then but it sure wasn't that much. I almost think they were running under $400.00 but I could be wrong. Now you make me wish I had held on to it. Of course nothing I own would end up being new in the box. I can't wait a week before I have loads worked up and have shot it.

MAINER
March 21, 2013, 16:29
I'm really getting to like the 6.5. With the modern CZ action, you can load them up quite a bit more than the 96 Swede and such. At least the equal of the 260 Rem. factory loads.
Cases are a bit of a problem, Lapua's are best and most expensive, lots of Win and Rem. relatively cheap however.

Yup, looks like we will be shooting 22 Hornets, 06's, .348's and such until things simmer down. Will be brushing up on my rapid fire 45-70 techniques this spring. :biggrin:

skeeterbay
March 22, 2013, 10:20
The powder situation, being what it is, the 22 hornet maybe the way to go for mag dumps.:biggrin:

MAINER
March 22, 2013, 13:50
Yeah, at 12gr loadings the can is going to be a collectors item before it's empty. :D
Can't wait to try Lil Gun in that Hornet case.

alant
March 25, 2013, 13:55
Thanks for finding and posting this.

MAINER
March 25, 2013, 15:15
Quite welcome, wish a CZ 75 D would have fit.

kev
March 26, 2013, 09:06
I ordered ten of them and they came in yesterday. They're all brand new, undyed leather. Bit of green corrosion around the snaps, but very nice condition. They're simple military grade,.....not something you'd wear with a tux,.....but they're pretty darn nice for the money. They'll also fit any medium size auto. I put a variety of .22's, .32's, and .380's in there and they all fit perfectly. The CZ's, the Walthers, Astra's,....as long as the barrel is short enough they all seem to fit as well as the actual CZ pistols.

MAINER
March 26, 2013, 09:21
Thanks Kev! Might be an option for a PPK?

How come you get your stuff before I get my stuff? :confused:

I ordered first!! :redface:

Probably the Mail Canoe had trouble with ice coming up the Penobscot river.

Outlaw Patriot
March 26, 2013, 22:04
How poorly would this fit a sig 226? For $5 I'm tempted.

jbbatok
March 29, 2013, 23:20
Ordered one for myself!! Only issue I have with CZ is they use top dollar shipping.
Thanks!

jbbatok
April 03, 2013, 15:23
Got my holster today , it's new and a Mak fits well. Only issue is size , I wear a 44 jacket/ size large shirt and I maxed out the adjustments to get it to barely fit. If you're any larger , forget it!

warden
April 06, 2013, 07:03
I ordered 10 and got them 2 days ago. Nice for the price. I do agree that the rigs are not meant for rather portly farts like myself. How is the offside strap used, can't figure that one out. I might add new straps to make one fit. Thanks for the tip, they are good trading material.

ALL FAL
April 09, 2013, 03:05
Thanks for sharing this Mainer, I am going to modify a few of them as I finally got 6 horse butts for sheath making, re-fitting is kinda fun. I'll show you guys my Tokarev mod when its finished, nothing fancy..

LYCAN
April 09, 2013, 06:38
Thanks for finding and posting this.

+1

ALL FAL
June 01, 2013, 20:47
+1

Bump for those who did not see the ad before.