PDA

View Full Version : Browning Buckmark

SAM1965
March 01, 2013, 20:44
Anyone with experience with the Browning... Good, bad or indifferent? Looking for a first pistol for my son...

Any lines on 22lr ammo anyone? :?

cavegeo
March 01, 2013, 21:13
Anyone with experience with the Browning... Good, bad or indifferent? Looking for a first pistol for my son...

Any lines on 22lr ammo anyone? :?

I have a Buckmark that has been very reliable, I like them better than Ruger's. Easy to disassemble and reassemble.

Bruce Allen
March 01, 2013, 21:21
I like them better than the S&W .22 pistols.

They come in a wide variety of barrel configurations and lengths, as well as sights.

I am studying up on buying another .22 pistol, as my 35 year old Browning Challenger II needs replacing as my old eyes could use better sights, and the Buckmark is more than likely the way I am going to go.

As a word of advice - what ever pistol you buy consider going ahead and get 4or 5 magazines now. One of my two original mags with my pistol wore out and there are no more factory mags available. I do expect Browning to be making the Buckmark, though, for a lot more years.

tac-40
March 02, 2013, 03:41
Bruce, I have a Buckmark I bought as a used range rental gun. Has at least 50k rounds through it ans it still is a hoot to shoot. After a good scrubbing the barrel looks new and rifling sharp. More accurate than I am and puts them where I aim it. The only problem I had with mine was the top cover containing the rear sight was made of plastic and very fragile. I broke one and while in the rental mode several more were broken. I fixed it by ordering a metal cover with picatinny rail. Came with adjustable sights and the rail allows me to install a red dot when wanted. I goes to the range with me almost every time.

And second getting spare mags. You just can't have enough of them cause they unload faster than load.:D

Sijones
March 02, 2013, 07:47
I have one of the older Browning Sillouette pistols made on the Buckmark chassis. More like a short riFAL than a pistol in terms of portability. It will REALLY shoot though.
Have a Ruger 22/45 that's more useful in the field.
You would do very well with the Buckmark. Try the grip frame angle on the Ruger. "Feel" is all important in a handgun.

L Haney
March 02, 2013, 07:51
I had one for over twenty years. I was so impressed I gave it to someone I like.

Now I need another one.

gobbler
March 02, 2013, 08:48
I love mine, never a minutes trouble, balance is great. Had a Ruger heavy barrel & it shot fine, but the chamber fouled after 10-15 rds & you had to stop and clean...... Would not eject.

gobbler

Hebrew Battle Rifle
March 02, 2013, 16:24
I have owned 2. The first was/is an excellent pistol that is now owned by my nephew. The second is also an excellent pistol and makes just about every range trip. They are very well made and except for the above mentioned plastic top strap, they are very robust.

SAM1965
March 02, 2013, 20:11
I'm leaning towards the Buck over the Ruger. A little lighter is my biggest draw to it. $50 less at where I'm looking. The replies suggest it is a shooter.

Hopefully will be buying one or the other this weekend. My son broke his elbow last night at a playground. So HE won't be shooting it for a long while but he is going with me to fondle the choices and have input on the purchase.

Thanks again for your replies!

puffrbelly
March 02, 2013, 23:15
Greetings,

Get the Buckmark, you'll not be sorry. I've got a Micro with the Round Bull Barrell. Lotsa aftermarket stuff too! :biggrin: Top Shelf IMHO!

Chief Bob
Out
:fal:

FUUN063
March 03, 2013, 10:05
Get the Buckmark in just about any model. They are quality pieces. I have had several and they all fed great and were more accurate than I.

Leland
:fal:

mister2
March 03, 2013, 10:14
I have had both S&W and Browning BM.

There is nothing wrong with the S&W. I would be happy if it was my only 22lr pistol.

However, it's the Buckmark that's stayed. On top of everything everyone above has said, the mags load better with the speedloader than do the S&W mags, and I have found accessories (barrels, mags) more easily for the Browning than for the S&W.

As added linkage, there's the Buckmark rifle which exchanges mags and some parts and has potential for many other exciting mods, as in...

http://i.imgur.com/D7eZb.jpg

Credits to Google & poster for above image, BTW.

Edit to add:

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5057/5448849033_067e88ee9c_b.jpg

I'll look for contact info if anyone's interested.

raexcct2
March 04, 2013, 15:26
I have had both S&W and Browning BM.

There is nothing wrong with the S&W. I would be happy if it was my only 22lr pistol.

However, it's the Buckmark that's stayed. On top of everything everyone above has said, the mags load better with the speedloader than do the S&W mags, and I have found accessories (barrels, mags) more easily for the Browning than for the S&W.

As added linkage, there's the Buckmark rifle which exchanges mags and some parts and has potential for many other exciting mods, as in...

http://i.imgur.com/D7eZb.jpg

Credits to Google & poster for above image, BTW.

Edit to add:

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5057/5448849033_067e88ee9c_b.jpg

I'll look for contact info if anyone's interested.

Hell yeah. I'm interested in more info.

JAB75
March 04, 2013, 19:09
Great pistol. Two improvements I made to mine:

1) Removed the magazine disconnect.

2) Turned the trigger/sear spring around 180*

Too many frogs escaped because of a poorly seated mag, and the spring reversal makes a great trigger pull even better.

-JAB75

SAM1965
March 09, 2013, 15:03
I'm leaning towards the Buck over the Ruger. A little lighter is my biggest draw to it. $50 less at where I'm looking. The replies suggest it is a shooter.

Hopefully will be buying one or the other this weekend. My son broke his elbow last night at a playground. So HE won't be shooting it for a long while but he is going with me to fondle the choices and have input on the purchase.

Thanks again for your replies!

Thanks again. I can hardly pry it from my son's good hand! Couple weeks and its off to the range....:biggrin:

Randall
March 10, 2013, 12:15
Excellent handgun. I highly recommend it. If I had a need for another .22lr handgun, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

Tibodoe
March 10, 2013, 23:59
I have the Buckmark Contour 7.5 inch. It is one fine pistol. Excellent balance,
crisp trigger, accurate. What more can you ask for?

MajHenryWest
March 12, 2013, 16:47
Buy the Browning. If you don't like it, it shouldn't take too long to sell it here!:D

All the Browning .22 pistols are good. I think the older ones (like the Nomad) are usually underpriced when I see them for sale in anything but unused/mint condition.

EDIT: I see that you bought it! Congrats!!

SAM1965
March 12, 2013, 21:24
I like them better than the S&W .22 pistols.

They come in a wide variety of barrel configurations and lengths, as well as sights.

I am studying up on buying another .22 pistol, as my 35 year old Browning Challenger II needs replacing as my old eyes could use better sights, and the Buckmark is more than likely the way I am going to go.

As a word of advice - what ever pistol you buy consider going ahead and get 4or 5 magazines now. One of my two original mags with my pistol wore out and there are no more factory mags available. I do expect Browning to be making the Buckmark, though, for a lot more years.

Got 4 mags to. A little pricey but heck I've got them now! As soon as my son's arm heals we are gonna shoot some very rare ammo. 22lr is rare these days. A -Freaking - mazing. :(:confused:

IHC53
March 13, 2013, 10:06
Get the BM if for no other reason, that the
barrel is removable and easily swapped for
another length or style. The Ruger is
threaded, torqued and locktited in place
and the upper is the serial numbered part.

moonbat60
March 13, 2013, 11:37
I've got a Buckmark URX that I bought in 2010. I modded mine with a top rail and a Bushnell TRS red dot sight.

It is a fine gun. Mine has got well over 3k of .22LR through it. Mine does well with Federal 550 bulk packs and also likes CCI Stingers and Minimags.

Hebrew Battle Rifle
March 18, 2013, 15:26
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t290/maddogkiller1/007-1_zps6c943e86.jpg
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t290/maddogkiller1/001-1_zps4b8c9814.jpg
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t290/maddogkiller1/010-1_zps8f49af25.jpg

bykerhd
March 19, 2013, 00:52
Nice pistol.
Trigger has too much curvature for those with large digits.

That actually is my main b*tch and why a Ruger or my S & W 41 is the usual choice for a trip to the range.

I've only seen one of the Buckmark carbines and I did find THAT quite interesting.
I haven't bought one though.

SAM1965
March 21, 2013, 21:03
Ok. It's my sons pistol for all intents. I'm just providing it a place to reside while not in use. (I paid for it!)My issue is I'm thinking a can would "cool".:uhoh:

Am I a bad dad? Do I have too much time on my hands? Am I evil for thinking a can would be "cool"? Fun?:devil:

Recommendations? Make? Model?

Anyone have the Tactical Solutions setup? Barrel an Axiom Suppressor? Good, bad or?

My son is shooting it this weekend. His elbow is better.

Thanks.