PDA

View Full Version : How does your M&P 22 run?

parallaxbill
February 10, 2013, 16:35
The reason I ask is I am looking at a practice version of the M&P 9 Pro I plan to purchase very soon. But I have noticed that S&W uses the Walther 22 internals and the Walthers and Sigs I have seen in use at the range have serious issues with reliability.

Could the M&Ps be better? I need to know from owner/shooters of them, not just hearsay.

Thanks!

parallaxbill
February 19, 2013, 20:04
Well I just bought one so stand by for a review and range report.

Grinder
February 19, 2013, 20:32
I have one. So far about 600 rounds, no cleaning yet, and running perfect.
I just bought a second
My only issue is the lack of extra mags, but that applies to anything nowdays :)

parallaxbill
February 21, 2013, 06:40
"My only issue is the lack of extra mags, but that applies to anything nowdays"

I fully agree!

woodstock31
February 21, 2013, 08:42
I hope you enjoy it as much as my son and I enjoy his. We have approximately 2000 rounds through his and it has been reliable through all of that. I picked his up over a year ago and bought extra mags then.

The reason I ask is I am looking at a practice version of the M&P 9 Pro I plan to purchase very soon. But I have noticed that S&W uses the Walther 22 internals and the Walthers and Sigs I have seen in use at the range have serious issues with reliability.

Could the M&Ps be better? I need to know from owner/shooters of them, not just hearsay.

Thanks!

parallaxbill
February 23, 2013, 17:17
I ran several mags of CCI mini mag 36 gr hollow points through it yesterday with zero malfunctions plus several more of standard velocity Olin white box 40 gr, again with zero malfs.
I had one ftf in one magazine of low velocity ammo borrowed from a friend just to see if it would cycle and besides the ftf it ejected and cycled just fine.
Accuracy was very good offhand at 10 yards rapid fire so I am sure this pistol will be a great training tool for the M&P 9 I purchased today. Both pistols fit my model 25 Blackhawk Serpa perfectly as well.

I'm a happy M&P buyer so far, but I am shooting the 9 for the first time tomorrow. :)