PDA

View Full Version : Help me with 22 advice for my neighbor.......

okiefarmer
February 10, 2013, 09:39
Good people, just not gun people. She bought him a Mossy 12 ga for Christmas, and he bought her a Ruger 22 semi auto. She is of the opinion (prolly cause salesman told her) that she must shoot CCI Mini Mag ammo in it. I know little about this round, but it appears to me to be a Ford/Chevy thing as far as I can see. I have bricks of Agiala, Rem, Fed, and others to let her try. She is waiting for the CCI to come in, which may be the 5th of never. I have given up.

J. Armstrong
February 10, 2013, 11:42
While any semi .22 can be ammo sensitive, he pistol is by no means limited to CCI. Try some of your stuff, betcha it works fine. Worst case is you identify a load or brand her pistol doesn't like.

mutter
February 10, 2013, 11:51
Take them shooting with your own gun and your own ammo to show her and him that a 22 is a 22. Please don't bring Winchester Wildcat ammo.

idsubgun
February 10, 2013, 12:05
Tell her it's all about accuracy, and you want to group her firearm with each type of ammo. And THAT'S the ammo for her gun, not what the salesman said.

perryturner
February 10, 2013, 13:02
Good people, just not gun people. She bought him a Mossy 12 ga for Christmas, and he bought her a Ruger 22 semi auto. She is of the opinion (prolly cause salesman told her) that she must shoot CCI Mini Mag ammo in it. I know little about this round, but it appears to me to be a Ford/Chevy thing as far as I can see. I have bricks of Agiala, Rem, Fed, and others to let her try. She is waiting for the CCI to come in, which may be the 5th of never. I have given up.Is it a rifle or a pistol? FWIW, I used to have a Norrell 10-22. From the website: "Recommended ammo (optimal functioning) CCI Mini Mags". So that's what I used in it. Federal bulk pack in almost everything else.

okiefarmer
February 10, 2013, 14:40
Is it a rifle or a pistol? FWIW, I used to have a Norrell 10-22. From the website: "Recommended ammo (optimal functioning) CCI Mini Mags". So that's what I used in it. Federal bulk pack in almost everything else.

It is a pistola. Have not seen it. I don't shoot much .22, except for .223:biggrin:. She can't find it for now, the CCI, so I'll talk her into using some of mine, on the house. As others said, it would be a good way to find out what functions best. I have never h ad a issue with any brand in the little take-down Norinco I have. Digests it all pretty fair.

Thanks guys

idsubgun
February 10, 2013, 16:20
CCI Mini Mags have enough "oomph" to cycle most any semi-auto actions, dirty or clean, new or old. That's why most manufacturer's of .22 LR semi-autos recommend them. A good, hot little .22!

And CCI sells test ammo to those manufacturer's by the pallets full! At a cheap price! So why not do a little advertising for them, when ANY "hot little" .22 round will work as well, and give them some free marketing?

Win-Win! :shades:

LYCAN
February 11, 2013, 03:13
Womenz... :rolleyes:

:rofl: