PDA

View Full Version : Cabelas Has Bulk Mini Mags ($27/375)

kujeeper82
February 07, 2013, 07:10
http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=1409699&categoryId=0&parentCategoryId=0&subCategoryId=0&indexId=0&productVariantId=3308129&quantity=100&itemGUID=b3682294ac108458357c85d2c1c47226&destination=%2Fcheckout%2Fitem_added_to_cart.jsp%3 Fresult%3Dsuccess%26categoryIds%3D104792580%7C1046 91780%7C104536080%7C%26productId%3D1409699%26backT oPreviousUrl%3D%252Fcatalog%252Fproduct.jsp%253Fpr oductId%253D1409699%26WTz_l%3DChart

I just bought 10. GL folks.

gunplumber
February 07, 2013, 09:42
7.2 cents a round is a good deal? I must be missing something, 'cause that's about what I paid for my centerfire 5.45x39 and 7.62x54R. Glad I bought crates of the bulk pack Fed/Rem/Win at $25/550, and I even thought that was pretty high.

So on a side note, Using a postal scale, I transferred the bulk-pack into zip lock bags of 100 rds each, easier for distribution to the kids. The plastic bags fogged up and turned yellowish opaque. Weird.

Hot-fal
February 07, 2013, 09:50
7.2 cents a round is a good deal? I must be missing something, 'cause that's about what I paid for my centerfire 5.45x39 and 7.62x54R. Glad I bought crates of the bulk pack Fed/Rem/Win at $25/550, and I even thought that was pretty high.

So on a side note, Using a postal scale, I transferred the bulk-pack into zip lock bags of 100 rds each, easier for distribution to the kids. The plastic bags fogged up and turned yellowish opaque. Weird.

Mark, yesterday, we were in the shop,,witnessed remington .22lr hollowpoints box of 50 for $8.95 a box, the guy begged for two boxes, he could one get one a day at that shop...7.62x39 was double that price, for Wolf??

kujeeper82
February 07, 2013, 10:15
I bought ten and plan on reselling half locally to cover my costs. People will be grateful to buy them from me for $40-50 each. My LGS cant even keep the 100 ct plastic boxes in stock at $10/100...

gunplumber
February 07, 2013, 10:21
I bought ten and plan on reselling half locally to cover my costs. People will be grateful to buy them from me for $40-50 each. My LGS cant even keep the 100 ct plastic boxes in stock at $10/100...

So you're one of those nefarious price gougers?

kujeeper82
February 07, 2013, 10:26
I'm a capitalist. If your house appreciates in value, do you sell it for what you paid? Buy low, sell high.

So you're one of those nefarious price gougers?

olgier
February 07, 2013, 10:30
cheapest 5.45x39 to be found right now is up to .17 rd. It's still the cheapest mil. ammo going. (corrosive)
And I won't pay $26.00 for 375 rds of .22. Not yet anyway.

But thanks for the heads up.

gunplumber
February 07, 2013, 10:34
I'm a capitalist. If your house appreciates in value, do you sell it for what you paid? Buy low, sell high.

I'm joking. I guess you'd have to have seen some of my tirades on the subject - how all these chest thumpers turn into closet commies when someone has something they want for more than they want to pay. Gougers! Oh my!

DYNOMIKE
February 07, 2013, 10:38
We had a couple cases of CCI STANDARD velocity come in the other day.
I grudgingly priced it at $5.99 per bx of 50 and we have sold all of it 2bxs at a time.

Gotta take care of the shop but man $.10 ea for .22 is tough for me to swallow..
Does however make me pretty damn pleased with my .22 stash, BUT I'll not gloat..

kujeeper82
February 07, 2013, 10:42
You had me going there for a minute. I dont frequent these boards often enough it seems...

I'm joking. I guess you'd have to have seen some of my tirades on the subject - how all these chest thumpers turn into closet commies when someone has something they want for more than they want to pay. Gougers! Oh my!

MK ULTRA
February 07, 2013, 11:00
He wasn't joking he was being unusually nice. He meant every word.

It gets me and all of us the number of NEW board member trying to sell their over priced stuff here.

This is a free country and anyone that's been here a year or more should have bought ammo already. If not and you feel good about it then go ahead.

gunplumber
February 07, 2013, 11:05
Actually, I mean what I said, in principle. If I want to advertise 1 round of .22 LR for $1000, it's nobody's business. And if I want to pay $1000 for a round of .22LR, then that's not your business either.

Why do you get so emotional involved with what other adults choose to contract over (or not contract over)?

Anyway, after looking at kujeeper82's posts, realize he hasn't contributed much here, he's only used the fal files to sell his crap.

Which is fine, but it would be nice if he'd contribute to the site, instead of his continued free-loading.

kujeeper82
February 07, 2013, 11:35
Hey now, I posted this link here to help people out, doesnt that count? If you didnt prepare and need .22lr this is a great deal in todays market.

FYI I'm an Team Member at AR15.com and have been considering becoming a paid member here too. That is until you guys started calling me a free loader.:redface:

Actually, I mean what I said, in principle. If I want to advertise 1 round of .22 LR for $1000, it's nobody's business. And if I want to pay $1000 for a round of .22LR, then that's not your business either.

Why do you get so emotional involved with what other adults choose to contract over (or not contract over)?

Anyway, after looking at kujeeper82's posts, realize he hasn't contributed much here, he's only used the fal files to sell his crap.

Which is fine, but it would be nice if he'd contribute to the site, instead of his continued free-loading.

gunplumber
February 07, 2013, 11:42
Hey now, I posted this link here to help people out, doesnt that count? If you didnt prepare and need .22lr this is a great deal in todays market.

FYI I'm an Team Member at AR15.com and have been considering becoming a paid member here too. That is until you guys started calling me a free loader.:redface:

Probably because AR-15 restricts features for non-contributors.

And yeah, we hear this "I was considering, until . . ." crap all the time from freeloaders. Heck, I could write your script for you. Fact is, outside of this thread, all but one of your 35 posts are in the marketplace - selling stuff. Not a problem, but at some point, those who obtain benefit from something, should contribute toward sustaining that something. I know, the self-absorbed, entitlement generation doesn't get that - they think everydamn thing is free. But it ain't.

kujeeper82
February 07, 2013, 11:53
Mark, you sure make a lot of generalizations.

1) anyone can sell on ar15.com, 2) you wont see a dime again from me or any of my relatives in AZ to work on our guns, 3) my generation will be paying for your social security and all the other big government social entitlements we never voted for until you die.

gunplumber
February 07, 2013, 11:58
Waaa!

You can't afford me anyway.

Pretend that you were going to do something, and then revoke the imaginary action with a "so there!" Oh, and then pretend you exercise control over another group of people who will also do your bidding to boycott whoever got your panties in a bind.

By the way, this is on page two of the script I wrote from you. You really think you're being original here? Same old story. It's called "Freeloaders 101".

croftonaviation
February 07, 2013, 14:20
Sold out

MK ULTRA
February 07, 2013, 14:44

You want some cheese with that WINE!!!!!

WWWAAAAAAA:cry::cry::cry:

KBAR04
February 07, 2013, 18:05
This is an adult site compared to ar15.com. You do need a thicker skin here...Thank you for the link.

I always believe in the adage, buy it cheap and stack it deep.... if I go below 10K rounds of .22LR I start getting the shakes. The writing was on the wall on this one..

ghengiskhan
February 07, 2013, 23:14
Sold out

Damn, I always miss these online things like the surplus metric mags at AIMsurplus. Sold out by the time I get home.

I would've liked to order a couple dozen boxes.

DYNOMIKE
February 07, 2013, 23:44
Damn, I always miss these online things like the surplus metric mags at AIMsurplus. Sold out by the time I get home.

I would've liked to order a couple dozen boxes.

AIM had imposed a Limit of 5 mags and clearly stated on the site that ANY order over 5 would get booted.

I didn't need anymore but said WTH and ordered 5 anyway.. :devil:

catmguy445
February 08, 2013, 01:09
I looked at the link the OP posted, and was vastly unimpressed. Cabela's has some CCI Mini Mag HP's in a box of 375 rounds with a picture of Troy Landry on it that they jacked the price of up to $27. Whoopie freakin' do. Without the pic, the same ammo at the local Cabela's was about $16. This is supposed to be a freakin' bargain? I don't think so. And 375 rounds darn sure isn't what I'd call BULK ammo. Yeah, it's a little bigger box than the old 100-round plastic boxes CCI had for many years, but it's hardly bulk ammo. It's not even a full brick.

And then you want to double the already inflated price? That's not Capitalism, that borders on Fraud. There's such a thing as making a profit in a business deal, but at some point of excess profit, it slides over into theft, and in my opinion, you're pretty close to that point.

gunplumber
February 08, 2013, 08:21
And then you want to double the already inflated price? That's not Capitalism, that borders on Fraud. There's such a thing as making a profit in a business deal, but at some point of excess profit, it slides over into theft, and in my opinion, you're pretty close to that point.

What profit margin is theft? We all need an exact number, please, so we can avoid it. When people line up 10 deep to buy it, is it still theft?

DYNOMIKE
February 08, 2013, 08:52
I looked at the link the OP posted, and was vastly unimpressed. Cabela's has some CCI Mini Mag HP's in a box of 375 rounds with a picture of Troy Landry on it that they jacked the price of up to $27. Whoopie freakin' do. Without the pic, the same ammo at the local Cabela's was about $16. This is supposed to be a freakin' bargain? I don't think so. And 375 rounds darn sure isn't what I'd call BULK ammo. Yeah, it's a little bigger box than the old 100-round plastic boxes CCI had for many years, but it's hardly bulk ammo. It's not even a full brick.

I think you have no clue about retail and or supply and demand..
I priced 50ct bxs of CCI Standard Velocity ammo at $5.99 ea and SOLD every single box of the two case we got in.. Maybe you could share your thoughts on how we are Thieves when they line up to buy it??

Just so you know there is no .22 ammo of any quantity in the entire country. It comes in a few here and a few there and gets snapped up just as quick. "IF" Your one of those that WAITED until NOW to secure your ammo supply then don't be pissed at anyone but yourself.. :shades:

ramiller
February 08, 2013, 12:30
I think you have no clue about retail and or supply and demand..
I priced 50ct bxs of CCI Standard Velocity ammo at $5.99 ea and SOLD every single box of the two case we got in.. Maybe you could share your thoughts on how we are Thieves when they line up to buy it??

Just so you know there is no .22 ammo of any quantity in the entire country. It comes in a few here and a few there and gets snapped up just as quick. "IF" Your one of those that WAITED until NOW to secure your ammo supply then don't be pissed at anyone but yourself.. :shades:

Bought some std velocity last night for 2.95 a box of 50, blazer was 2.35 a box of 50, american eagle is 26.75 a brick of 500 prices are going up but not like you are indicating.

ghengiskhan
February 08, 2013, 13:48
AIM had imposed a Limit of 5 mags and clearly stated on the site that ANY order over 5 would get booted.

I didn't need anymore but said WTH and ordered 5 anyway.. :devil:

Yeah yeah, rub it in your punk!

:tongue:

Hebrew Battle Rifle
February 13, 2013, 05:14
I thought that I was set for 22 ammo. In reality, I am. BUT, the constant image of empty shelves makes me want to join in the panic. So far, I have resisted.

February 21, 2013, 17:44
I thought that I was set for 22 ammo. In reality, I am. BUT, the constant image of empty shelves makes me want to join in the panic. So far, I have resisted.

Dayum,
This is whats been rettlin around in muh head..

Batman890
February 22, 2013, 11:55
http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=1409699&categoryId=0&parentCategoryId=0&subCategoryId=0&indexId=0&productVariantId=3308129&quantity=100&itemGUID=b3682294ac108458357c85d2c1c47226&destination=%2Fcheckout%2Fitem_added_to_cart.jsp%3 Fresult%3Dsuccess%26categoryIds%3D104792580%7C1046 91780%7C104536080%7C%26productId%3D1409699%26backT oPreviousUrl%3D%252Fcatalog%252Fproduct.jsp%253Fpr oductId%253D1409699%26WTz_l%3DChart

I just bought 10. GL folks.
Looks like they are sold out....