PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered a Ruger MkIII 22/45

TheRussian
February 03, 2013, 10:42
From here great price if anybody is looking http://www.jgsales.com/ruger-model-p512mkiii-22-45-5.5in.-new-p-2434.html
See them elsewhere for $100 more.
This is a Ruger Model P512MKIIII 22/45 semi auto pistol chambered in 22LR. Comes with two 10rd magazines. New in box

Features:
Caliber:.22 LR
Capacity:10 Rounds
Finish:Blued
Grip:Black Synthetic
Barrel Length:5.5In Bull
Groove:6
Twist:1:16in RH
Overall Length: 9.5in
Weight:2 lbs
Front Sight(s):fixed
Rear Sight(s):Adjustable
Other Features: Manual safety, loaded chamber indicator, magazine disconnect, and internal lock.

http://www.jgsales.com/images/3%20RUGER%20P512MKIII%2022LR%20(2-929).jpg

357ross
February 03, 2013, 11:17
Doesn't matter how good he deal was, can't feed it, NO 22lr ammo to be found here.....

TheRussian
February 03, 2013, 11:28
I know, right? What the HELL? Its been that way for months too.
Something doesn't smell right about the whole scarcity of ammo, even over the last 7-8 months.
Just glad I have 6k or so of 22lr :D

Wildcat
February 03, 2013, 15:39
Other Features: ....loaded chamber indicator, magazine disconnect....

I'm not in Marketing, so I don't think I would consider those features.

The magazine disconnect seems like an innocuous idea but is a PITA on these guns.

Consider the field strip procedure.....
Take the magazine out of the gun.
Check the chamber to ensure it is empty by opening the bolt and doing a visual inspection. (this is more positive than the indicator when it gets gummed up)
The hammer has to be down to dismantle the pistol so the magazine has to be put back in the gun to reactivate the trigger.
Pull the trigger.
The magazine has to be removed from the gun, again, or the receiver can't be moved forward to slide it free of the frame.

To put it back together, the receiver group goes back on the frame.
The hammer has to be down or you can't get the mainspring to accept the hammer strut. So...
Put magazine back in the gun to activate the trigger.
Pull the trigger and allow the the hammer to go forward.
The magazine now has to be removed from the gun, again, or the mainspring assembly won't latch into the frame.

Seriously, it is a good pistol but I don't find a use for the 'magazine disconnect'. Its not too difficult to remove this 'feature' but it has to be replaced with a spacer (or MK-II parts).

xtremerange
February 03, 2013, 15:44
That is a good deal.

TheRussian
February 03, 2013, 18:25
I'm not in Marketing, so I don't think I would consider those features.

The magazine disconnect seems like an innocuous idea but is a PITA on these guns.

Consider the field strip procedure.....
Take the magazine out of the gun.
Check the chamber to ensure it is empty by opening the bolt and doing a visual inspection. (this is more positive than the indicator when it gets gummed up)
The hammer has to be down to dismantle the pistol so the magazine has to be put back in the gun to reactivate the trigger.
Pull the trigger.
The magazine has to be removed from the gun, again, or the receiver can't be moved forward to slide it free of the frame.

To put it back together, the receiver group goes back on the frame.
The hammer has to be down or you can't get the mainspring to accept the hammer strut. So...
Put magazine back in the gun to activate the trigger.
Pull the trigger and allow the the hammer to go forward.
The magazine now has to be removed from the gun, again, or the mainspring assembly won't latch into the frame.

Seriously, it is a good pistol but I don't find a use for the 'magazine disconnect'. Its not too difficult to remove this 'feature' but it has to be replaced with a spacer (or MK-II parts).

Thanks do you by chance have a link for this procedure you could throw my way? :shades:

TheRussian
February 03, 2013, 20:38
Just ordered the mag disconnector remover bushing and mag loader from here http://www.tandemkross.com/cubecart/

TheRussian
February 04, 2013, 09:29
Now they removed it from their site, maybe they caught the pricing error?

paulb2112
February 04, 2013, 10:10
Have a 22/45 lite and love it. Its not that big a deal after first time. You can purchase a kit that changes it and makes break down a snap from:
Dr. Frankenruger. Is on web.

TheRussian
February 04, 2013, 12:07
I just talked to CCI this morning, they are running 24/7 making ammo

preston1026
February 04, 2013, 17:52
Now they removed it from their site, maybe they caught the pricing error?

How much was it for?

TheRussian
February 04, 2013, 23:54
$265

idsubgun
February 05, 2013, 09:07
Want a amazingly light bug-out bag .22 pistol? Put one of our uppers on it. The 22/45 polymer frame, combined with our upper, makes a super light package!
It lightens up a steel framed MkI/II/III as well but on the polymer frame, it's almost weightless!

http://www.tacticalsol.com/tshome/tactical-solutions-pac-lite-barrel-upgrade-for-the-ruger-2245-and-mk-series-pistols

TheRussian
February 05, 2013, 09:38
Want a amazingly light bug-out bag .22 pistol? Put one of our uppers on it. The 22/45 polymer frame, combined with our upper, makes a super light package!
It lightens up a steel framed MkI/II/III as well but on the polymer frame, it's almost weightless!

http://www.tacticalsol.com/tshome/tactical-solutions-pac-lite-barrel-upgrade-for-the-ruger-2245-and-mk-series-pistols

MSRP starting at $285 (Price varies with different models and options).

I only paid $265 for the pistol, I cant justify this, but thanks anyways.

Timber Wolf
February 05, 2013, 12:36
I just talked to CCI this morning, they are running 24/7 making ammo

Yes but, where are they sending it? What is the "retail" price?

TheRussian
February 05, 2013, 12:58
Yes but, where are they sending it? What is the "retail" price?

To the normal distribution chains. The Govt doesnt buy .22lr, lol..at least to my knowledge
Since they don't set the "retail" price, I guess its whatever the store that has them sets it at? I am a bit confused by your question

TheRussian
February 09, 2013, 11:15
I installed this on it yesterday, went in no prob and made a nice difference
http://www.tandemkross.com/cubecart/markiiibushing.html
Ruger Mark III 22/45 Magazine Disconnect Eliminator Bushing
This high quality 304 stainelss steel bushing is made for high duty cycle shooting and replaces the Ruger factory bushing allowing you to safely remove the Magazine Disconnect from the firearm. There are instructions on the internet showing the use of washers and other parts. This is unreliable and unsafe! Use an actual part that is designed for the job. This lets the hammer move properly and at the correct speed. You will be pleased with the fit and final result with this bushing. If you know how to clean this gun you can easily remove the disconnect. Removing the disconnect allows the magazines to fall free, allows them to seat properly and does allow the gun to fire with the magazine out for tactical competition and self-defense scenarios.

Magazines will slip right out
Easier takedown and cleaning
Reduces fail to feeds
No change in trigger response or function

TheRussian
February 09, 2013, 11:16
Oh and my local gun dealer hooked me up with 5k more cci minimags at normal prices. Great guy and store:bow:

parallaxbill
February 10, 2013, 16:39
$265

That's what they go for in our area shops.....when they have them.

TheRussian
February 10, 2013, 17:08
That's what they go for in our area shops.....when they have them.
Likewise, but all are out and said have no idea when back in stock.
Looking online, the $265 was a relative bargain. Most, if you can even find them are $365 and up
I always try to give my local gun store Sporting Arms Inc my business first, and if possible they get it :)

OREGON FAL'ER
February 21, 2013, 04:14
I bought that same pistol back in december $265 and it was $30 cheaper than the guys across town. I put that TandemKross Hammer bushing in to remove the mag disconnect and a Volquarsen Sear & target trigger. I'll say I'm real happy with it so far.

Aeroscout
February 21, 2013, 04:20

You say "Put one of "our" uppers on it".......

Do you have an inside track.....can you make a deal on them?

Love to get a PM from you on this....I have a 1976 Ruger (Mark I?).22 pistol that needs one of these.