PDA

View Full Version : DS Arms - any contact?

fordag
January 30, 2013, 16:21
I have two items on back order from DS Arms:
Tritium Metric FAL Night Sights Set - ordered on 19 Oct 12
FAL Brass Savr Wire Cage - ordered on 27 Nov 12

I also have received some FAL magazines back in Dec from Brownells that are DS Arms made, the finish was very splotchy and rough, almost like they had some chemical spilled on them during or after the parkerizing process.

When I attempt to call DS Arms (847) 277-7258 to ask about my back ordered items or the magazines I get a recording asking me to leave a message, immediately followed by a message saying the mailbox is full, please hang up.

Does anyone have a better number to contact them?

meltblown
January 30, 2013, 16:36
There is a guy from DSA who is a member here. I forget his handle, but he'll contact you. Sure someone will provide you his contact info. DSA is not a bad outfit most of the time. I've given em considerable amount of money through the years

TA2DMAC
January 30, 2013, 17:33
I placed an order with DSA for a 5 rnd mag. I printed the order and confirmation number but never got an email.
Is that normal?
What's the turnaround time like? I ordered on the 25th so i'm not expecting anything soon.
This is my first dealing with them.

Thorack
January 30, 2013, 19:15
Well,

I ordered some 30rd mags on the 23rd and they arrived today. That's as good as DSA used to do in the old days.

I'm happy. R1Shooter here on the files works for DSA.

Thorack

fordag
January 30, 2013, 22:17
I placed an order with DSA for a 5 rnd mag. I printed the order and confirmation number but never got an email.
Is that normal?
What's the turnaround time like? I ordered on the 25th so i'm not expecting anything soon.
This is my first dealing with them.

I have always received a confirmation email shortly after placing an order with DS Arms.

My experience on their turn around time has varied widely. Some items shipped the day after I placed the order, some you can see for yourself above.

I've only received one item from them so far that was on back order (an FAL toolkit). They sent an email out prior to shipping the item to confirm I still wanted it, which I appreciated.

yellowhand
January 30, 2013, 22:24
R1 is the DSA fellow here on FF
I ordered a complete AR upper from them on 20 December.
They just took the money yesterday from my credit card.
When I asked R1 about DSA a couple weeks back, he told me that once they took the cash, a week or so later my order would be put together and shipped out.
He said they were so backed up, everyone was working shipping stuff, something like that.
They did honor the old price on my upper.

R1shooter
January 30, 2013, 22:58
Sorry guys, it is slowing down a little, we put a priority on receivers, rifles and magazines in that order so we have slacked on other stuff somewhat, email dan@dsarms.com and I will see what I can shake loose.

JDSlack9999
March 03, 2013, 15:31
I ordered two ar uppers in November, received an order confrimation and order number. Since then zero, zip, nada. I have sent 3 e-mails asking for a status update and have gotten NO response. I'd be happy with a "we're busy, but we're working on it." But this total lack or response is incredible, especially since I have always been happy with their service in the past.
I mean, I know they are swamped, but you'd think with the un-employment rate in Illinois they could hire a few people just to respond to E-mails and answer the phone.
I haven't cancelled the order...YET, because these uppers were for a future project, but I may soon.

Stranger
March 05, 2013, 00:15
I had an order go into backorder limbo a couple years back. However, I have placed and received four orders with them in the last month. Did you get the order confirmation email after you clicked submit?

March 05, 2013, 05:39
http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=348726

Merlot
March 06, 2013, 15:29
I ordered a fal cocking handle & steyr type flash hider on jan 15, and received my order approx 30 days later. I was able to contact them via phone in early feb for status update on my order. I was happy with the items I purchased, and with the service. Sorry to hear others are having problems. I've never had a problem with DSA.

Will_Power
March 08, 2013, 18:21
I've never had luck emailing DSA. If I had one piece of advice about buying from them it's this:

Don't wait for DSA to contact you; pick up the phone and call them at 847-277-7258!

Wonder if a part's in stock? Don't just order blindly and hope; call them.
Wonder when your order is shipping? Don't check your mailbox wistfully every day; call them.
Wonder where the f**k your stuff is? F**king call them.

I had to call three or four times to get through to a human being Monday, but I did. Was told they'd try to get my order shipped out by the weekend. I call today to check on its status, talk to a human right away, and lo and behold, my order shipped two days ago and the UPS man attempted delivery today.

Sure, DSA's customer service is pretty awful because it seems like they're chronically understaffed, but a lot of the griping I see here on the Files reflects as poorly on the buyer as it does on them.

Shep 762
March 09, 2013, 03:21
I was getting the voice mail message for a while, but lately it seems things have eased up a bit and I have been getting through relatively easy. Recently I ordered a in stock receiver on Friday and it shipped Monday. I had a few questions too and emailed, had a response in something like 1 or 2 days.

millersm99
March 10, 2013, 21:12
Placed and received 2 orders for FAL parts in the last three weeks. Took a week to receive each. No problems.

nearmisses
March 13, 2013, 13:57
It's amazing how many people really can't talk on a phone. I had a brother that way. I have never in 4 years of dealing with DSA had a problem with an order I made. They have always checked inventory and told me if the item was in stock or not, told me my total amount being billed and sent it out in a timely fashion. Learn to be polite and ask the proper questions, make a note of whom you spoke to, write it down on the order you are calling in, have them check inventory if they don't offer and be polite and curtious. Works for me.

Bordinko
March 14, 2013, 09:46
I placed an order on 04MAR for FAL receiver parts and got my shipping notification last night 13MAR.

I am happy with the turnaround.

brunop
March 17, 2013, 16:58
I placed an order last week. Got my email notification of shipment the other day. Very happy with turn around. In fact, that happened in spite of the fact that my debit card, which processed two large orders from other manufacturers on the same day, was declined to DSA. They called me, and asked if they could run it the next day, which they did.

+1 for DSA, the communication, and the customer service.

4x401
March 18, 2013, 12:48
I placed an order last week. Got my email notification of shipment the other day. Very happy with turn around. In fact, that happened in spite of the fact that my debit card, which processed two large orders from other manufacturers on the same day, was declined to DSA. They called me, and asked if they could run it the next day, which they did.

+1 for DSA, the communication, and the customer service.

Boot licker....:D

R1shooter
March 19, 2013, 23:39
There is always one.

Tailback
March 20, 2013, 07:51
I called DSA two weeks ago about an order originally placed in December. One item was backordered then and I had not heard anything about its status.

The item was shipped out to me and I have it in my grubby little hands now. I'm a happy camper, but should it be the customer's responsibility to remind the seller of a backorder on file?

brunop
March 20, 2013, 13:23
Boot licker....:D

Mmmmmmm... boot! I like DSA. Did I mention I miss the old HTS and other US parts with the half-oval proof marks? Those were my fave.

For real.

If my new R1 receiver goes together like the old DSA receivers I built on, they will be the (nearly) perfect company. :)

R1shooter
March 20, 2013, 18:27
Those HTS are like rocking horse shit.

wolffie
March 20, 2013, 18:40
I know the whole gun industry is busy... But I'm a bit surprised. I've had an order in since the 9th that has been "ready to pack" since I ordered it. I emailed a question with the order which was answered on the 11th... But the order hasn't moved. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that its not budged. Previous orders usually arrived in a week or so.

That said, I've been waiting 10 weeks on an a backordered acog mount combo from Larue, two months on a backordered upper from Midway, and 3 months for an engraved stripped AR lower from a local manufacturer... That was in stock.

Makes the NFA branch look efficient. .

4x401
March 23, 2013, 00:30
There is always one.

Yes there is, and I'm "that guy".:rofl:

Mmmmmmm... boot! I like DSA.

I'm sure you do...

I'm also sure that R1 shooter see's the value of sucking up to mods on this forum...:rofl:

4x401
March 23, 2013, 00:31
Those HTS are like rocking horse shit.

And so are you...

TheRussian
March 26, 2013, 11:46
And so are you...

Why does DSA make your vag swell so badly?

4x401
March 26, 2013, 12:27
Why does DSA make your vag swell so badly?

Why do you always get so butt hurt when I speak my mind about them:?

They have lover's (you), and there are people who don't bend over for them (me :smile:). It ain't rocket science comrade.:rofl:

TheRussian
March 26, 2013, 13:23
Why do you always get so butt hurt when I speak my mind about them:?

They have lover's (you), and there are people who don't bend over for them (me :smile:). It ain't rocket science comrade.:rofl:

Hey guy, I don't LOVE them (read some of my posts), I have had a few issues, but I do feel they are alright and have not shafted me. As well I am able to recognize if it wasn't for DSA it would be a HELL OF A LOT HARDER to keep our FALs up and running.....

You ever thought about what if they got sick of whimpering butthurt forum cowboys and discontinued the FAL line 100%?

What did they do to deserve such continuing hate from you?
All ears. Explain your behavior.

wolffie
March 26, 2013, 19:08
I love their stuff! It's always been great! Just wish they would ship my stuff in a reasonably timely fashion. Ordered an "back ordered" argentine parts kit the same day from Sarco. Have the kit. DSA hasn't shipped or even billed my card.

wolffie
April 18, 2013, 08:34
After an email to R1Shooter the order came within a week! And my project is under way! Thanks again!