PDA

View Full Version : Real or BS?

J MOSBY
January 29, 2013, 12:27
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=xAkOzr6cDx0

Is this possible or some staged bs?

mutter
January 29, 2013, 13:40
Possible, but for the most part it's bs.

First, denim is not very tough. A thn jacket would greatly reduce penetration.

Second, there is no skin or bone in their roast.

Third, if the gun wasn't sighted for 300 yards the drop on a 22 lr would make it 1 heck of a hail Mary shot.

On the other hand, there is some Aguilar 22 lr designed for shooting at 200 yards effectively. Only a moron would use it on an armed man at 300 yards. He might get pissed and shoot you with a round designed for that range.

catmguy445
January 29, 2013, 14:59
I'd be a lot more impressed with that if they'd used ballistic gelatin, which you can make at home from Knox Gelatin that's available at any grocery store. That would show the actual penetration and wound channel instead of guessing and making assumptions after playing with a chunk of beef.

J MOSBY
January 29, 2013, 17:17
I wasn't too concerned about accuracy, he did miss quite a bit. On the penetration, I was a little supprised, maby dead meat being drained of most liquid penetrates easier than live meat.

It made me think about people that have not prepared but may have 22's, and a book I read about the Delta Force, when questioned about his choice of 9mm he said if you put two bullets right between the eyes it doesn't matter what kind you use.

gunner30
February 24, 2013, 09:08
I didn't bother to watch it, but did se that he also has a 21 minute video titled 5.56 vs .223 nuff said :uhoh: