View Full Version : Daewoo "Sniper" upper on GB

January 27, 2013, 22:31
Never heard of this....Interesting:

Extremely Rare Authentic Daewoo “Sniper” Upper Kit

Never Fired Pre-Ban Upper, Fits AR-100, K2, MAX II, & DR-200 Rifles!

Chrome lined, 1/7.3 twist rate, factory threaded with matching thread protector. Includes original scope rings too!

Wow, this is the holy grail of Daewoo parts. This auction is for an authentic Korean issued and produced factory optic model upper originally made for the AR-100 rifle. I have VERY limited information on this upper as there appears to be almost none imported in the late 80’s. I bought this upper from the original owner along with a NIB AR-100 from 1988.

This upper is a great upgrade to any Daewoo rifle, esp. those with 1/12 twist factory barrels.

This upper features a chrome lined barrel in the optimal 1/7.3 rate twist and will stabilize all 5.56mm bullet weights. In addition this upper was produced by Daewoo without a front or rear sight to allow unobstructed views and mounting options for scopes. If you look at the pictures closely you will see that this wasn't done aftermarket. The barrel is marked “K-D MP C” and is also MPI tested.

The barrel is also factory threaded to 1/28 thread (standard AR-15 style) and includes a knurled matching thread protector.

The upper is in its original finish and is marked “DAEWOO PRECISION INDUSTRIES”. The upper came with the original cardboard barrel plug and there is no evidence of carbon in the chamber or wear marks from a bolt carrier group. The only wear on the upper appears to be from handling marks (installing the upper) and from rolling around a box with the rifle for 20 years.

The adjustable gas block is marked with Korean lettering!

The upper comes complete with 1” scope rings which appear to be replaceable.

During my research I was able to find one old picture of this style upper mounted on an AR-100 which I’ve attached to this auction. This upper will attach to any series of Daewoo rifles including both pre and post ban configurations (including the popular DR-200 series)

January 28, 2013, 00:38
thanks alot dude. SARCASM :sad: lol

is it yours? up for any trades or cash only if it is yours?

January 28, 2013, 11:51
It's not mine...but I'd love to have it as well...I thought someone on the board might have some info on this upper.

January 28, 2013, 17:33
I don't know. I have seen this done before, any machinist can do it easily.
Also looks like it has been moly coated, doesn't look like the normal Daewoo grey.

January 29, 2013, 13:10
ROK platoons in the sandbox have a DM who carries rifles with uppers like these.

If it's a knock-off, there are few who could tell you why it is, because very few have ever seen one. The gasplug marked in Korean alone is a pretty rare item.

Big Rick
January 29, 2013, 19:14
Been away awhile, but glad I checked in. I may put in a bid, last price i saw was $ 505.

Big Rick
January 29, 2013, 19:24
I had an unfired K2 and an unfired Dr200. That upper pictured isn't molycoated, it looks like an orginal with a good coat of oil for the photos(IMO}.

I got them maybe 9 to 10 yrs ago and still have them, just not unfired anymore...

January 29, 2013, 19:48
The thing that makes me suspicious is the hole for the rear site has been drilled. If this thing is oem rather than a conversion, there is no reason for the factory to have drilled that hole.

January 31, 2013, 01:06
I saw pictures of a Daewoo which was sold,"as new" with the rear sight hacksawed off to clear a scope. Neither Bubba nor the retailer could be bothered to clean up the hatchet job. It could have been made to look this nice with a little care for detail.