PDA

View Full Version : are there vz-58's still for sale?

lost
January 23, 2013, 22:41
I decided after reading that I want to buy a vz 58. now I cant find one. If anyone knows where some are setting in inventory let me know. :) perhaps a roll your own is the best solution? advise appreciated. (LOST)

hagar
January 23, 2013, 23:15
If you find some, let me know. I can kick myself for not buying one.

newuser
January 24, 2013, 00:07
http://www.gunbroker.com/Semi-Auto-Rifles/BI.aspx?Keywords=vz2008

There are currently 13 offered for sale on GB as I writethis with three buy it nows around $1k

These are the CIA VZ2008s

Dirt1042
January 24, 2013, 00:30
AIM was selling the VZ2008 for $350 last year. :eek:

idsubgun
January 24, 2013, 04:42
Like everything, prices have risen during the "feeding frenzy" brought on by gin owners. We seem to always shoot ourselves in the foot (pun intended) whenever any liberal screams "More gun control!".

I'd be more worried about getting mags for the VZ-58's then actually getting one. Seeing how they are weapon specific, I'm sure the VZ-58 people have been on their own feeding frenzy buying up all the mags.

Dirt1042
January 24, 2013, 11:01
Like everything, prices have risen during the "feeding frenzy" brought on by gin owners. We seem to always shoot ourselves in the foot (pun intended) whenever any liberal screams "More gun control!".

I'd be more worried about getting mags for the VZ-58's then actually getting one. Seeing how they are weapon specific, I'm sure the VZ-58 people have been on their own feeding frenzy buying up all the mags.

Speaking of which.... do you have any experience building one? I have a kit just waiting for a receiver to be finished. PM me if you want. :)

idsubgun
January 24, 2013, 11:58
Speaking of which.... do you have any experience building one? I have a kit just waiting for a receiver to be finished. PM me if you want. :)

No, I have never built one. I haven't even built an AK, and I have a beautiful never issued, Bulgarian Krink kit sitting at home with the receiver, and everything to build it with. Just haven't gotten round to it. And really don't want to make this Krink my first build!
Rifle was built and then de-milled.

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp40/bjplowman/MyKrinkov.jpg

justashooter
January 24, 2013, 14:45
i'll give ya ten bux for everything in the pic. not a penny more...

idsubgun
January 24, 2013, 15:31
i'll give ya ten bux for everything in the pic. not a penny more...

Okay, but ONLY if I can pay the shipping for you! :tongue:

Dirt1042
January 25, 2013, 03:27
Beautiful kit!

Dirt1042
January 25, 2013, 03:30
[QUOTE=idsubgun;3527458]No, I have never built one. I haven't even built an AK, and I have a beautiful never issued, Bulgarian Krink kit sitting at home with the receiver, and everything to build it with. Just haven't gotten round to it. And really don't want to make this Krink my first build!

Dang I haven't had any luck finding a smith to build my VZ kit yet. Still waiting on the CNC warrior receiver though.

justashooter
January 25, 2013, 09:04
[QUOTE=idsubgun;3527458]No, I have never built one. I haven't even built an AK, and I have a beautiful never issued, Bulgarian Krink kit sitting at home with the receiver, and everything to build it with. Just haven't gotten round to it. And really don't want to make this Krink my first build!

Dang I haven't had any luck finding a smith to build my VZ kit yet. Still waiting on the CNC warrior receiver though.

see the photo tutorial on projectguns.com

http://www.projectguns.com/vz581.html

i just sold a kit, recvr, and compliance parts to a young kid who had never built a gun before. he had it together in less than a week, and it runs like a raped ape now. i sold it to him at 2006 price, just to get him hooked. he is kit crazy since, no looking back.

armoredman
January 25, 2013, 17:14
$1,000 for a Century built vz-2008? Wow...this is why I jacked up my insurance coverage on my vz-58 rifles to a higher number.:cool:
I got my supply of what I need a while ago, well before the panic buying started, and I haven't had to buy a single item since the feeding frenzy began, of course, since all my guns were lost in that tragic boating accident in China Lake...:rolleyes::biggrin: