PDA

View Full Version : Ruger 10/22 5 round mag conversion to 10

Scott V2
January 23, 2013, 16:59
I was in a big hurry the other day and grabbed 4 Ruger mags. I did not know they were 5 rounders, never even knew there was such a thing until I got them home and was ready to open them.

Does anyone know if these are capable of being made into 10 rounders? Is there a little pin or something that just needs to be removed?

MK ULTRA
January 23, 2013, 22:27
You can sell them to NY resident for a profit.

catmguy445
January 23, 2013, 23:18
They probably use a different rotor than the ten round mags. I don't know for sure, cause I've never seen one either, but the easiest way to do a 5-round 10/22 mag would be to use a different rotor. You can get magazine parts from Ruger, unless they've changed their policy. When you're changing the rotor, use a turn and a half tension on the rotor spring when you're putting the mag back together.

And if you don't know how to take one apart and reassemble it, check on Youtube. There a several video about how to take 10/22 mags apart and put them back together the right way. Hope this helps.

fnogger
January 25, 2013, 22:44
You can sell them to NY resident for a profit.

I've seen a few WTB ads on various forums for them .. Go get yourself the 10 rounders or whatever you wanted and list the 5 rounders on GB

Grahamneall
January 28, 2013, 12:43
Get the 25 rounders...they are going for a fortune...

richbug
January 28, 2013, 15:57
Get the 25 rounders...they are going for a fortune...

Obscene, looks like genuinely selling for $75. I bough a couple from a scalper here at $40 and wasn't happy about it. I feel better about it now.

Grahamneall
January 29, 2013, 11:43
I know the feeling.....metal lip version (Butler Creek & Ruger) are a steal at $40....just bought seven at that price.

At the gun show in Austin, Tx this weekend, I saw a couple of the plastic (Hot Lips) version for around $28 - $35 but notta 10-22 Ruger to be found.

Ha...Gun Show...that's a whole other story !!!

Graham.