PDA

View Full Version : Well, a new project is at hand…..

Tankdriver
January 21, 2013, 22:43
My 91 year old Mother lives with us, and few weeks ago; she let somebody she had never met, and I do not know into our house. He wanted to “drop off” some gravel he had left over from another job, and she told him no. He asked to use our phone, and she let him in. He walked through the house, luckily the door to my gun room was closed. He made a few phone calls on our phone, which the Sheriff now has a list of. Then he left. I told her she was lucky to be alive, and never open the door to anyone again.

So now, rather than buying any guns, we are going to have to get a $3,000 gate installed, and the cost for 500ft of 10/2 wt ground, 6 twisted pair, and rent a trencher is another grand. I have already have installed a wireless, solar powered, magneticly tripped driveway monitor, where deer or other animals will not set it off.

Well, my gun room also has to change. My wife bought me a Gun safe for a Christmas gift, and wants them kept in the safe at all times. There are no kids in the house, and I used to display them.

My gun room is changing to a man cave and reloading room. The safe will be in the closet, bolted to the floor and walls. And with a key lock on the room door, and on the closet door, and pins on the hinge side.

So I picked up my first room decorations….

Three wall hangings

What do you think?....:shades:

I’ll post more on it was the work progresses….

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac287/tankdrive/fals/IMG_20130121_195108-1.jpg

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac287/tankdrive/fals/IMG_20130121_195058-1.jpg

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac287/tankdrive/fals/IMG_20130121_195032-1.jpg

BigWalt
January 21, 2013, 22:53
Tankdriver

Glad your mother is ok , She is real lucky. I live down in Olive Branch, born and raised in Memphis,Tn but had to move about 13 years ago it getting bad in mempho the getto.

BIGWALT

Tankdriver
January 21, 2013, 23:06
Tankdriver

Glad your mother is ok , She is real lucky. I live down in Olive Branch, born and raised in Memphis,Tn but had to move about 13 years ago it getting bad in mempho the getto.

BIGWALT

I was born and raised in Frayser....

I went to Trezevant, wife went to Frayser High.

Graduted in 1971. Back when it was not really bad.

I moved out also. Back in 85 I bought 5 arces in the middle on nowhere in Fayette County.

Seem like trouble follows though....

BigWalt
January 21, 2013, 23:18
Tankdriver
Well you little older than me, I was on the southeast side of town went to Wooddale HS Graduted 1982, worked really hard, then was able to afford to move south to make better life for my Kids and wife, we love it down here.

MS also has Best guns law around, if they step in your yard and their is a threat to you or your family, you can cap them :fal:

FAL4EVER
January 21, 2013, 23:28
Where did you find those FAL/G1 posters? Awesome!

Tankdriver
January 22, 2013, 15:46
The FN49 I got from Numrich Arms.

The 2 G1's I got off ebay. He was selling both together.

Tankdriver
January 22, 2013, 20:11
Nobody likes my wall hangings........:sad:

My feelings are hurt......:cry:

Ottokis308
January 22, 2013, 20:32
Man tankdriver thats gonna be a awesome gun safe room. Nice posters too. Love the fn49. We got one for sale at local shop for 500 i want it bad. Good luck with the man cave! :fal:

Exit308
January 22, 2013, 22:04
Nice wall hangings Tankdriver.

G3isMe
January 22, 2013, 22:27
Nobody likes my wall hangings........:sad:

My feelings are hurt......:cry:

Well I don't like them. I love them! I have always really want some of those myself. Hell, I want the posters and the gun room to hang them in. Hopefully your mom let in an honest fellow who actually only needed to use the phone and he had no ulterior motives. There are still a few honest folks out there.

Shep 762
January 23, 2013, 04:29
Those posters are pretty neat, you just might have to put those in the safe too :rofl:

Tankdriver
January 23, 2013, 09:37
Those posters are pretty neat, you just might have to put those in the safe too :rofl:

Yea, those things are not cheap any more. I only gave 45.00 for the FN49 when Numrich had them. I paid a ton more for the 2 FAL ones.

Most thiefs are not too bright...

I had a brief case full of gun, and military vehicle reference books. I took them with me when I traveled for work, where I would have something good to read in the hotel room at night. There was about a grand worth of books in it. My truck was broken into, and it was stolen. A guy about 2 blocks over called me and said someone had thrown it in his front yard, and would I like to come get it.

Sometimes stupid is good.......