PDA

View Full Version : Sig mpx-c

January 21, 2013, 20:36
http://www.shootingreviews.com/sig-sauer-conquers-the-world/

Very interesting:

The MPX is a new submachine gun in 9mm, .40, and .357 Sig calibers. With AR-15 style control and ergos, the MPX looks like a strong contender to the MP-5 line. Barrels are 4.5 or 6.5″, a machine pistol version is available (weighing a feathery 4.15 lbs), and barrels and calibers can be easily changed without tools. The MPX-C is a civilian-legal semiautomatic carbine. In a stroke of genius, accompanied by very clever engineering, the MPX-C has a 9.5″ permanently-attached muzzle brake.

Thorack
January 25, 2013, 08:23
Hmmm,

Looks interesting. Sig has a great product line. If I cant find a SCAR H soon I might break down and buy a 716.

Thorack

K.O.A.M.
January 26, 2013, 15:02
Submachine guns are a niche item these days. With the prevalence of short barreled 5.56 carbines, you're not going to move a lot of these unless you convince some police force to buy-in. I know one local agency that issues sub guns to their officers-MP5's. I asked their training lieutenant why they did that, and he told me that he's going to run them until they wear out, then replace them with AR's. Sig may have the greatest design ever, but they are 20+ years behind the power curve.

January 26, 2013, 23:26
the factory suppressor sleeve for this is $265 (need to confirm) & screws right on over the baffle, no need to buy an expensive suppressor & mount.

Outlaw Patriot
January 28, 2013, 21:01
Wait, so you're saying the 9.5" muzzle break is in fact the baffles for the supressed version? How sure are you of this? Looks like it could be the case.

February 02, 2013, 01:32
that is exactly what i am tryiing to say, must be the harelip, check it out

http://www.shootingreviews.com/sig-sauer-conquers-the-world/

Time to install the suppressor shell and cap was under a minute. the suppressor shell will sell for $289. This is amazing modularity and built-in economy from Sig

Outlaw Patriot
February 03, 2013, 01:01
Nah, I understood you fine, just was a bit surprised and not sure how concrete your source was.

I kind of thought such a 'muzzle brake' would in fact be illegal to sell on a gun without an nfa tax stamp.

They should also sell a version with a plain ol 16" tube, but I think part of the reason for this move is to reduce production costs for a civilian version that is perhaps a bit of an afterthought. Cool move if its legal though, and the gun itself isnt too over priced. Needsa slidefire stock and a supressor and a drum mag.