PDA

View Full Version : SAw an Actual Argentine FAL at eh Gun Show Today!

msgtjpak4
January 20, 2013, 17:58
Hi Guys,

I saw a beautiful shiny Black Argentine FAL with bipod & at flash hider or muzzle brake that looked original at the show today. It was marked with F.M.A.F. , Industria Argentina" in two lines on one side & F.S.L. 7.62x51 (then "something .308"in parenthesis behind it). I didn't check the bore so I don't know if it was chrome lined - it was in fab shape! And marked at $1850 on consignment. Am I wrong in thinking this is a good price? Sorry, didn't even think to take pic's since I was dashing through - but I know the shop she's sitting in.

Is this one imported before the first AWB in '94? Any education & clarification would be greatly appreciated! Should I sell a grandchild/major body part fo this rifle?

Thanks & God Bless!

def90
January 20, 2013, 18:00
Was it all numbers matching? If so it is original, if not it is a kit build on an Argy receiver.

LaConservationist
January 20, 2013, 18:23
Was it all numbers matching? If so it is original, if not it is a kit build on an Argy receiver.

Not necessarily Def....it could be a complete upper IMPORTED as such separately from the lower, and just never rematched together with the two parts once it was stateside....As mine is the matching upper FMAP receiver with matching barrel, and then ALL my lower numbers are matching.....

To the OP I think $1850 is a bit high BUT I guess if you look at todays issues it isn't a terrible deal IF it is ALL MATCHING NUMBERS, also a GREAT find would be IF it has the ORIGINAL Flash hider....these are very rare here in the states!!

LaC

J. Armstrong
January 20, 2013, 18:33
I'm known to favor the FMAPs, so IF it was an actual Armscorp or Nat Ord import ( all matching, no SAC Latta stamp ) I would say that $1850 is a pretty fair price.

Of course we need more info to determine the provenance of this rifle with certainty.

msgtjpak4
January 20, 2013, 18:45
Great info, thanks guys! My work shift unfortunately matches the hours of the shop it resides in at the moment. Hopefully I can break away long enough Tuesday to make the hour plus round trip to get more info and hopefully some pics.

Please let me know of any other particular markings & location of such I should look for.

Thanks again & God Bless!

def90
January 20, 2013, 18:52
Not necessarily Def....it could be a complete upper IMPORTED as such separately from the lower, and just never rematched together with the two parts once it was stateside....As mine is the matching upper FMAP receiver with matching barrel, and then ALL my lower numbers are matching.....LaC

true, should have added the 3rd option.. partially matching

LaConservationist
January 20, 2013, 19:19
true, should have added the 3rd option.. partially matching

LOL ya know I gotta bump heads with a few of you guys......dealing with you guys is SUPER and I respect the hell out of your knowledge and willingness to share! THANK YOU!!

LaC

johnnycobra
January 20, 2013, 19:21
Of course there are a few of us with matching numbers on our SAC Latta rifles and original flash hiders too! :D

I'd say that is a decent price though if a matching rifle for my .02
The latta stamp is a small square stamp inside the magwell that sais "SAC Latta, SC" It's easy to miss.
If the lower doesn't match the barrel/upper, then it is probably an SAC rifle.
I believe ALL SAC rifles have open ear front gas blocks and high rear sights.
The Armscorp and Nat'l Ord rifles can vary in config.