PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered a CZ75 SP01...

Trypcil
January 16, 2013, 14:34
... with 19rnd x2 mags NIB for 647 inc ins & shipping. It seems Bud's has them in all of a sudden - I hope it's not a ruse to get my money etc... :].

Wildcat
January 16, 2013, 17:02
CZ has about four different variations that are an SP-01.
Mine's just an "SP-01" and I've enjoyed putting about 5k rounds through it.
Be aware that CZ barrels are cut with a minimal amount of leade. If you hand load, check your cartridge length by chamber checking at least the first few rounds to make sure the ogive doesn't jam in the rifling. Cartridges can jam in the leade and still be well short of the maximum length for the magazine. AMHIK.

Whenever the stampede ends, and accessories start to become available again, see if you can find MecGar magazines. I bought 17rd and 19 rd MecGars and they have been 100%.

spider991
January 17, 2013, 15:30
U will not be sorry, one of the best pistols i have ever shot! Very relible with any ammo and scarry accurate:)good luck,great gun.

Peachy00
January 17, 2013, 17:30
Great piece of kit. I have an old Pre B model. I love it.

BlasterLP
January 17, 2013, 18:38
I also have a pre-B CZ75 and it is very accurate and reliable!

DC
January 18, 2013, 11:07
CZ has about four different variations that are an SP-01.
Mine's just an "SP-01" and I've enjoyed putting about 5k rounds through it.
Be aware that CZ barrels are cut with a minimal amount of leade. If you hand load, check your cartridge length by chamber checking at least the first few rounds to make sure the ogive doesn't jam in the rifling. Cartridges can jam in the leade and still be well short of the maximum length for the magazine. AMHIK.

Whenever the stampede ends, and accessories start to become available again, see if you can find MecGar magazines. I bought 17rd and 19 rd MecGars and they have been 100%.

thanks for the heads up on the ogive.

Copes and CDNN normally have the Mec-Gars. Last week I bought the very last 19rd CDNN had.

warden
January 18, 2013, 14:49
I thought my hi powers were the most comfortable pistols...until I held my first PCR. I love that PCR.

gunnutt
January 18, 2013, 14:54
what about ammo?

AzDak
January 19, 2013, 11:29
I love my SP-01s. They have pretty much taken my attention away from any other pistol out there.

I even had the CZ custom shop in Mesa AZ do a Shadow Target for me and wrote up a review if anyone is interested. http://guntinker.blogspot.com/2012/12/cz-custom-shop-sp-01-shadow-target-sao.html

The mec-gars run great for me so far, even with the +2 baseplates.

It really likes to shoot the Montana Gold - CMJ plated bullets.

AKmoose
January 19, 2013, 18:46
I thought my hi powers were the most comfortable pistols...until I held my first PCR. I love that PCR.

This, cept my wife confiscated my PCR!!! Tried carrying my B and pre B but they're a little too big to carry Iwb, getting a CZ 82 next week and give that a try.

kroberts
January 19, 2013, 20:43
I've had one back ordered with them for a couple weeks. If you get yours before I get mine I'm gonna be pissed.

armoredman
January 23, 2013, 17:40
CZ SP-01 is a dead nuts awesome pistol. I carry an SP-01 Phantom and love it.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/armoredman/CZ%20posters/Phantomattherange.jpg

Trypcil
January 24, 2013, 22:42
Wow! Yep the ammo is a problem lately - but there seems to be spurts now and again, if you keep yer eyes peeled. I was thrilled at the price Bud's offered and I know I should've bought last year but... Anyway buy once, buy right - heh? Now it's just the wait - urgh! Kroberts - if yours comes in, then I know i'm a coupla weeks behind!:)

kroberts
January 26, 2013, 12:17
No pistol yet, I'll let you know.

Trypcil
January 27, 2013, 16:14
Ditto!

yarro
January 28, 2013, 16:13
I carry the Tactical with night sites and decocker. Shoots very well indeed. Also point naturally for me. Fun with the Kadet kit on it as well.

-yarro

Trypcil
January 28, 2013, 20:38
.... that cadet option seems quite attractive! Kroberts - I got my shipping details today, a ups tracking #. I should have it by the weekend by all accounts!:tongue:

DC
January 29, 2013, 11:30
you're going to love it. It is one fine pistol. I've finally shot mine a couple of times. I will tell you though that while they might say the DA pull is around 14 it's higher but the SA pull is less than they say, probably less than 4.

armoredman
January 31, 2013, 18:43
The Kadet Kit 2 is an excellent czoice. Unfortunately, it won't fit on my Phantom, but it works VERY well on my CZ P-01.

http://youtu.be/I113YlYGavI

jp233
February 05, 2013, 08:44
Really, really like the SP-01. I have the all metal Tactical one.

If waves of zombies over-run you after emptying however-many 19 rd mags, it is so heavy you can beat them over the head with it, and win.

I have thought about a trigger job, I need to get on that.

Also, I've really liked the P-07 Duty also. I had one of the very first, very early ones. It would not drop mags free, and all of a sudden (after being 100% since new) it started having FTF issues. Sent it back to CZ and they just replaced the unit. All in all, in the 2 dealings with CZ customer service, I couldn't be happier with their care for customers and remedy of any problems.

armoredman
February 07, 2013, 18:28
Trigger work, best place is czcustom.com in Mesa, AZ. I've been there, handled the wares, and WOW.

clance
February 08, 2013, 23:23
Purchase a CZ 75D PCR just loved it so much decided that it needed a big brother and got a CZ 75 BD Police. Both are great guns except the BD ejects brass straight back pinging me in the forehead. Going to see if the gunsmith can correct that little habit, other then that it's a great pistols that just feel like they're fitted to my hand.

Wildcat
February 11, 2013, 18:02
Dunno what 'real' prices are these days but 44mag has a few Mec-Gar 9mm mags LINK (http://www.44mag.com/category/mecgar/2)

DC
February 12, 2013, 11:07
Dunno what 'real' prices are these days but 44mag has a few Mec-Gar 9mm mags LINK (http://www.44mag.com/category/mecgar/2)

those pretty much look like real prices. CZ-USA also had 16 rounders last week, but IMHO they aren't worth the $10 more. BTW the Mec-Gar 19s are 17s with a +2 on them. I wish I had sold some for $80 last month!

Trypcil
February 13, 2013, 14:39
She's beaut! Shoved 200 rnds of mixed ammo - eagle,S&B, Fiochi, Speer lawman and some Hornady XTP - The Sellior n Bellot is what CZ themselves use to test fire the pistol. The 124 Speer seemed accurate enough, but all the 115 stuff was equally as accurate - I'm sure as I get more familiar with its preferences I shall become more discerning. Just picked up 1K of Remmy from Academy, never shot Remmington, except in my 22wmr(33gr) and it is hot and accurate - and wait for it @ $250 out the door, which by Gb prices, a real bargain - go Academy, for not gouging!
Point aside but relevant - due to an eye operation (cataract), focus with the right eye isn't going to happen, and the left eye is dodgey beyond 15' - lots of zen aiming going on! Thinking of a green or red laser to facilitate the targeting process - not so sure of the infrared modification to get green light - eats batteries like hech, so I've heard. Then there's the holster dilemma, looking for left hip for a right hand draw - any ideas? :fal:

DC
February 13, 2013, 18:30
I think the CZ-USA sight has a .pdf of holsters that fit their guns.

Forget the laser and learn to point shoot. Taking Roger Phillips Point Shooting Progressions class is one of the best things I've ever done. Before that class, I could count the number of non sights lined up shots I'd taken on one hand (and I've been shooting pistols since kindergarten).

http://www.suarezinternationalstore.com/pointshootingprogressions.aspx

Trypcil
February 13, 2013, 22:22
Yep browsed the pdf and have been to all the sites listed. Suarez is in Az., a bit far off, and my schedule is full for the next 8 months - so thats out for the time being. I need another tool in the box of skills in the mean time, the lazer might or might not be the ticket - there is only one way to find out if it will work for me! Green or red - it's the low light issues of age and the non focusing right eye - I shoot right handed and right eye dominant typically . Though i am equally able to shoot with the left eye and right handed - the eye just doesn't focus deep! Close, is not the issue - it's 25 meters plus that is. So setting the laser for lets say 25 meters and figuring bullet drop/rise beyond/before that! Why shoot a pistol out to 75+ feet you ask, thats beginning to get into rifle territory! Because - I want to, i like to push envelopes!:smile:

riffraff2
February 14, 2013, 17:41
Yep browsed the pdf and have been to all the sites listed. Suarez is in Az., a bit far off, and my schedule is full for the next 8 months - so thats out for the time being. I need another tool in the box of skills in the mean time, the lazer might or might not be the ticket - there is only one way to find out if it will work for me! Green or red - it's the low light issues of age and the non focusing right eye - I shoot right handed and right eye dominant typically . Though i am equally able to shoot with the left eye and right handed - the eye just doesn't focus deep! Close, is not the issue - it's 25 meters plus that is. So setting the laser for lets say 25 meters and figuring bullet drop/rise beyond/before that! Why shoot a pistol out to 75+ feet you ask, thats beginning to get into rifle territory! Because - I want to, i like to push envelopes!:smile:

DEFINATELY go with the GREEN laser. They are much brighter and easier to see than the red especially if you suffer from red/green color defeciency in your vision. Some red/green color defeciency is quite common in the general population. I can't see the red dots for s***. The green dots are very visable to me. Go Green!

Trypcil
February 20, 2013, 02:41
Of course!http://i1064.photobucket.com/albums/u370/Tripcyl/of50590442_zpsc2ef51b0.jpg

Trypcil
February 20, 2013, 18:29
... the green laser does seem to be the simplest option. CZ custom, is in overload - it seems, which I can understand - but that slide I bet is milled in some way to skarfe in that red dot (I'd heard that CZc' had themselves done the mod,eventually rejecting the option as the sight was s***), then cost wise plus the sight I'd be into probably 600+knicker total, and that be on the skimpy side - that's just not worth it, is it? :)

kroberts
February 21, 2013, 16:48
Had an email from Bud's Gun Shop this morning. My pistol is is "shipping"!

I imagine it will take a couplke days to process through their shipping department but it's very good news.

I will need to start looking for a few extra hi-cap mags before they're banned.

KaBoom
February 22, 2013, 03:44
Mine is the SP-01 Tactical. Installed the Cajun Gun Works trigger kit and removed the drop pin safety and this thing is now KILLAH AWESOME! Trigger is noticeably better than my modded 1911, added a lighter recoil spring and solid SS guide rod, even shooting 124gr NATO the stock spring was overkill.

Trypcil
February 22, 2013, 13:57
Wow, I wonder why mine came before yours did!?

kroberts
February 22, 2013, 17:29
Wow, I wonder why mine came before yours did!?

ARGH!

kroberts
February 25, 2013, 16:38
Picked it up today.

:biggrin:

Very nice. Cant wait to shoot it.

armoredman
March 01, 2013, 00:38
You will be happy. :)

Trypcil
March 01, 2013, 11:24
I is!;)

VFRMac
March 03, 2013, 10:20
Congrats on the SP-01, it has completely changed my view of 9mm.
It is presently my favorite handgun!
There is so much about them to like. Great night table piece. I plan to purchase another someday.

Roadkill
March 04, 2013, 21:41
had one of mine out a few days ago - simply wonderful handguns

http://www.hunt101.com/watermark.php?file=786916&size=1
http://www.hunt101.com/watermark.php?file=786917&size=1

armoredman
March 05, 2013, 09:20
Very nice!

Trypcil
December 04, 2013, 23:48
I was at the range the other week lobbing .30 cal's from various Fals., at steel plates - 100yrds. Just for a laugh I thought I'd shoot the sp01 at it - 5 out of 10 rounds went ding! Outstanding I thought, what a great pistol. :rofl:

armoredman
December 06, 2013, 12:49
They will surprise you!

100 yards for a FAL? Kinda short, ain't it?:D

Trypcil
December 09, 2013, 21:46
In a sportsman's paradise, it is hard to get out beyond that - now Texas, New mexico…...

mrejda
January 12, 2014, 08:28
My CZ-75B with goodies from Cajun Gun Works CGW (http://cajungunworks.com/index.html)

http://i.imgur.com/ofbqrV3l.jpg (http://imgur.com/ofbqrV3)

It's now SAO and runs very nicely.