PDA

View Full Version : Have I lost it ?

NHBandit
January 13, 2013, 08:45
Walking around the local flea market yesterday there's a guy who always has overpriced gun stuff. I spot one lonely FAL mag. Nothing special, just an Imbel mag with about 80% finish. Typical of hundreds I've had pass through my hands. I already have more mags than I'll ever need and bought most of them for between 3 & 5 bucks years ago. He says $15 bucks. I say 10. He says $12 and I bought it. WTF.. Not because I need it because I surely don't. Just because "these days" $12 bucks is cheap for a FAL mag. I did pass on the .223 ammo he had for $25 per box of 20. :uhoh:

DYNOMIKE
January 13, 2013, 08:46
You prolly ARE nutz..
But not because ya bought that Mag.. :rofl:

2barearms
January 13, 2013, 08:51
You prolly ARE nutz..

You're only gunnutz when you buy mags and ammo for firearm you might
buy.

LaConservationist
January 13, 2013, 08:51
You prolly ARE nutz..

HAHA AGREED!!! And that can go for a LOT of YOU GUYS!!
But that's OK I am here to keep the BALANCE of the SAIN ones!!!:bow:

LaC :bigangel:

NHBandit
January 13, 2013, 09:01
buy. You been peeking in my window ? A few years back when Tapco was blowing out like new G3 mags for a buck each I bought 50. I didn't have a G3 at that time... :shades:

JohnnyMac
January 13, 2013, 09:34
buy.

Been there. Done that. Very glad I did.

A couple years back, I was making an order from Sportsman's Guide which included some heavy items (ammo). Shipping was pretty steep, but I had a coupon code for free shipping for orders over a certain amount ($150, IIRC). I was about $15 dollars short, so I looked for something to round up the order. The had a 12-pack of surplus AK mags for $39.95 :uhoh:. I didn't have an AK at that time, but I always wanted one.

I fell into a good deal on a Maadi ARM, just before this last hysteria started.

JMc

P.S. I even had two twenty-round boxes of 7.62x39 in my ammo locker (just in case, I might get an AK someday:rolleyes:)

harleyrider
January 13, 2013, 10:46
Yeah NHB, you're certifiable. But then so are all of us.

I mean when you tune into the Files 40 times a day to check the MP for some trinket that you need (i.e., THINK you need); when you plan on your gunshow outings months in advance, making lists items you "THINK" you need; when you keep upwards of 100 current auctions on your watch lists on Gunbroker, eBay, and other auction sites; when you look forward to holidays, not to spend time with loved ones or celebrate the season, but rather in anticipation of special sale events and (more important) free shipping by Sarco, AIM, Sporstmans Guide, SOG, Brownells, and............the list goes on.

Yeah, we're all NUTS!

HR

P.s., we need to start a "If you do xxxxxxxxx, you might be a Gun Nut" thread. Be a lot of truth in that one.

NHBandit
January 13, 2013, 10:55
Yeah NHB, you're certifiable. But then so are all of us.

I mean when you tune into the Files 40 times a day to check the MP for some trinket that you need (i.e., THINK you need); when you plan on your gunshow outings months in advance, making lists items you "THINK" you need; when you keep upwards of 100 current auctions on your watch lists on Gunbroker, eBay, and other auction sites; when you look forward to holidays, not to spend time with loved ones or celebrate the season, but rather in anticipation of special sale events and (more important) free shipping by Sarco, AIM, Sporstmans Guide, SOG, Brownells, and............the list goes on.

Yeah, we're all NUTS!

HR

P.s., we need to start a "If you do xxxxxxxxx, you might be a Gun Nut" thread. Be a lot of truth in that one. Hell you should have been around here in they heyday of the files 8-10 years ago. When the only way to catch a deal in the marketplace was to sit here all day hitting refresh every few minutes. An ad posted an hour ago would be 2 pages back by now.

mongoose
January 13, 2013, 11:01
Hell you should have been around here in they heyday of the files 8-10 years ago. When the only way to catch a deal in the marketplace was to sit here all day hitting refresh every few minutes. An ad posted an hour ago would be 2 pages back by now.

Yea that was the day when VG L1A1 kits were $100 and receivers were $250....:cry:

NHBandit
January 13, 2013, 14:13
Yea that was the day when VG L1A1 kits were $100 and receivers were $250....:cry: Hell I bought a few of the Tapco $89 G1 kits and even lucked out and got one with all matching numbers without spending the extra $10 for "hand pick". Gave one to a buddy and he used a Century reciever casting & welded the whole mess together & made a dummy gun out of it. Ground the threads off the barrel & welded it into the reciever & stuff... The horror :cry:

Pluribus
January 14, 2013, 12:15
Hell I bought a few of the Tapco $89 G1 kits and even lucked out and got one with all matching numbers without spending the extra $10 for "hand pick". Gave one to a buddy and he used a Century reciever casting & welded the whole mess together & made a dummy gun out of it. Ground the threads off the barrel & welded it into the reciever & stuff... The horror :cry:

Did you beat him with a stick?

Some buddy!:tongue:

Fiorina
January 14, 2013, 13:16
Went to the gunshow this weekend. A guy wanted 50$ for a piece for FAL mags. Not even great condition, and 100$ for a crappy looking 30rd mag. 60 bucks a piece for 30rd AR mags. The gunshow i went to was off the chart expensive, everything was overpriced. BUT, i was able to pick up the Blake Stevens FAL book for 35 bucks (the smaller book, not the giant one.)

Hot-fal
January 14, 2013, 16:42
buy.

Okay, so I must have caught this disease, when i bought my FAL ...?? I wondered why I was buying that ammo at low cost. Still have few spare mags from Midway, back when he ALWAYS paid the postage...

okiefarmer
January 14, 2013, 17:14
buy.

Guilty, and I could be talked out of my inchers in trade for some metric mags if someone is interested. Yah, this ought to go on marketing, but I fit your description some years back and just never built a inch kit.

G3isMe
January 14, 2013, 18:43
Hell I bought a few of the Tapco $89 G1 kits and even lucked out and got one with all matching numbers without spending the extra $10 for "hand pick"................. The horror :cry:

ahhh jeez, do I have to post this again? Once again Jake, this kit's for you! . :devil: . :D.

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=66862&stc=1&d=1337990831