PDA

View Full Version : Who owns a md-arms saiga 12 drum?

dirtyrice
January 12, 2013, 01:29
Just curious I picked two of these up a little while ago before the craziness. But i've yet to use them. Anybody have these, what was your experience?

I did have to do a little fitting to get it fit in my gun, But only on one narrow angle of the back of the magazine where it engages the magazine release. They send you a manual that contains how to check and fit the mag due to variation in manufacturer of saiga-12s.

Spktyr
January 12, 2013, 02:30
Just curious I picked two of these up a little while ago before the craziness. But i've yet to use them. Anybody have these, what was your experience?

I did have to do a little fitting to get it fit in my gun, But only on one narrow angle of the back of the magazine where it engages the magazine release. They send you a manual that contains how to check and fit the mag due to variation in manufacturer of saiga-12s.

I have one. Yes, you do have to fit them. They work great, but they're pretty large and when loaded weigh a ton. I prefer the smaller ProMag 12 round drums (the drums are the only good thing they make). IIRC, Mike has said that he will be releasing an MD Arms mini drum of similar size in the near future.

In terms of working, well, I've not had any problems with mine despite pouring several 100 round packs of Federal through it.

Thorack
January 12, 2013, 09:15
Well,

Similar thought trains, after seeing the price of drums during the last ban I knew I didnt want to get caught short and I bought two. Both required fitting.

Thorack