PDA

View Full Version : Value of Browning Challenger II

Roger Brown
January 06, 2013, 20:55
My Wife bought this handgun between 1976 to 2000 new. Less than 50 rounds have been fired. It is in NEW condition. What would be the current sell price? Thanks for your advice!

J. Armstrong
January 06, 2013, 21:31
I can't really help you on the valuation. but I have a C-II and it is my favorite .22 pistol, even over the High Standard, Ruger, and others that I own or have owned.

Don't sell it.

ftierson
January 06, 2013, 21:44
I also have a Browning Challenger II that I'm really happy with...

Your problem in selling yours will be that mags are almost impossible to find.

And that was before three weeks ago...

Forrest

J. Armstrong
January 06, 2013, 21:52
In the past, they have not, to my knowledge, commanded the same prices as Colt Woodsman,or the High Standard Citations, or the upper level S&Ws. A bit more than the Rigers ? I can't tell you the last time I saw one for sale, so your question is difficult to answer. As a totally blind guess, I would have said $200-300 depending on condition, before the latest mess.
I was looking for another one when the shit hit the fan, so I guess I'd better take care of Old Faithful !!!!

bykerhd
January 07, 2013, 00:19
I looked over one that came in on trade at a local shop.
Just as you describe for condition.
Priced out at 249.95, as I recall.
It sat for quite a while.

But, that was early last year.

ftierson
January 07, 2013, 01:16
I don't have a copy of the latest Blue Book in front of me right now, but what the 29th said was $300 for 98% and $275 for 95%...

I doubt that they've been listed much higher than that since then, although the current madness has probably affected them too...

Forrest