PDA

View Full Version : SIG P938???

LaConservationist
December 27, 2012, 19:54
OK any of you guys own a Sig P938?

I have multiple Sig Pistols, including a P238....seems my daughter is about to confiscate my P238 as her hand gun of choice.....been thinking about a P938 as a new BUG.....any thoughts as to this pistol?

DO NOT bother telling me about your XYZ pistol.....only interested in hearing about facts of the SIG P938....THANKS!

LaC

Skilter
December 27, 2012, 22:50
yes.... got one. finding them can be like finding hens teeth... they carry great, especially with the flat magazine. I carry with no holster with a full mag but not one in the chamber. it disappears almost as good as a keltec .32 pistol, but it is single action only. It is very accurate. It's trigger pull is better than any other single stack 9mm out there.

My only complaint is that you really do need to shoot it in. I did have several light strikes using Aguila FMJ which is notorious for hard primers (aka why I got a lot of it cheap for for subgun use). When I used modern HP or tactical ammo, it went bang every time. If you have a light strike, just pull back the hammer and pull the trigger and it goes boom... again, Aguila ammo...

Cleaning kinda sucks... make sure you read the instructions regarding re-assembly!

LaConservationist
December 29, 2012, 15:33
yes.... got one. finding them can be like finding hens teeth... they carry great, especially with the flat magazine. I carry with no holster with a full mag but not one in the chamber. it disappears almost as good as a keltec .32 pistol, but it is single action only. It is very accurate. It's trigger pull is better than any other single stack 9mm out there.

My only complaint is that you really do need to shoot it in. I did have several light strikes using Aguila FMJ which is notorious for hard primers (aka why I got a lot of it cheap for for subgun use). When I used modern HP or tactical ammo, it went bang every time. If you have a light strike, just pull back the hammer and pull the trigger and it goes boom... again, Aguila ammo...

Cleaning kinda sucks... make sure you read the instructions regarding re-assembly!

THANKS!
Picked up a new one today......it is very close to the P238.....NOW I have to find some extra mags for the P938!

THANKS AGAIN!

LaC

MACV
December 30, 2012, 20:07
La, what is this XYZ pistol you speak of?. A new Sig offering?

LaConservationist
December 30, 2012, 21:29
La, what is this XYZ pistol you speak of?. A new Sig offering?

MACV......sheeeeesh,,,,,,,BUT It does have a P designation in from of the XYZ........:rofl: secret release coming to a gun store near you......can't divulge any more secret info than that!!!

littlehoot
January 14, 2013, 21:59

how does it do poa vs poi? wondering about drop with that short barrel

Skilter
January 16, 2013, 09:35
It's fine. It is not a pistol you are shooting things with at 100 yards.