PDA

View Full Version : The ZIP .22

Bubacus
December 14, 2012, 22:40
Saw this on another site, pretty interesting:

US Firearms has developed a .22 firearms system called the ZIP. This little rectangular gun will be available in a pistol configuration or an SBR configuration. The SBR can be accessorized with a number of stocks or used as a secondary gun mounted underneath a rifle. It will be officially unveiled next month. The MSRP is expected to be between $199.99 and $219.99.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/zipwhatcando_0b-tfb.jpeg

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hEO0Zh4Q8Iw

W.E.G.
December 14, 2012, 22:43
I'm going to buy six of them as soon as the gatling wheel mount is offered.

catmguy445
December 15, 2012, 00:45
You guys can have all of them. Personally, I wouldn't take one if they gave it to me. It seems to be another one of those answers to a question no one ever asked.

bykerhd
December 15, 2012, 13:19
I dunno.

Most guns I can imagine a use for, if need be.:biggrin:

That thing appears to be DESIGNED as an attachment to something else that "Oh, by the way" you COULD use separately.
Sort of.

And, it is not in a caliber that any "real deal" tactical type is going to want to bother with.

Maybe as an attachment on an AirSoft gun ? :rolleyes:

NHBandit
December 15, 2012, 19:05
"ZIP" ? Seriously ? I expected to see something made with a piece of car antenna for a barrel & a rubber band for a recoil spring... Who thinks up these things ?

Bubacus
July 22, 2013, 17:47
Looks like trouble in paradise with the Zip:

http://www.wallsofthecity.net/2013/03/usfa-zip-not-a-review.html

From the Owners Manual-
"The following components perform the greatest work load
when using ZiP. Just like tires on your car, they need to be replaced after
a certain amount of tread wear... replace these components about every 2,500 - 5,000 rounds."

LYCAN
July 22, 2013, 17:49
Alot of independent review videos show it jamming constantly

meltblown
July 22, 2013, 18:43
Wow. Now I'm going to have to put a rail on an FAL so I can deploy one of these. NOT. I don't know which is worse the gun or the video.

Topbanana
July 22, 2013, 19:37
Wow, just watched the youtube vids of this thing... What a POS.

tac-40
July 23, 2013, 20:56
Oh great. Now we have a Bullpup pistol. Will the travesty ever end?????:uhoh::o

DYNOMIKE
July 23, 2013, 21:47
We "HAD" some for sale, thankfully they are ALL gone..

The one I shot couldn't get through a single MAG w/out several malfs..
I wouldn't take one of you gave it to me for FREE...

Topbanana
July 23, 2013, 21:58
So the video in the first post confuses me... Is it a tacticool operator thing or a fun and sporty sporting thing?

Guy-epic
July 23, 2013, 22:16
Looks like trouble in paradise with the Zip:

http://www.wallsofthecity.net/2013/03/usfa-zip-not-a-review.html

From the Owners Manual-
"The following components perform the greatest work load
when using ZiP. Just like tires on your car, they need to be replaced after
a certain amount of tread wear... replace these components about every 2,500 - 5,000 rounds."

I think a little more R&D and less video could go a long way. Dumb gun. I had the idea to mount a Glock 17 under my a AR over a year ago and came to the decision it wasn't safe and possibly not legal. But a .22 that is even dumber then me

tac-40
July 24, 2013, 11:49
I had the idea to mount a Glock 17 under my a AR over a year ago and came to the decision it wasn't safe and possibly not legal. But a .22 that is even dumber then me.

Not so dumb idea. I mean who would want to hang a full sized cartrdge gun under the barrel of a pip squeak cartridged AR Poodle Shooter? Honestly, if you need a bigger round, then get a real rifle like a FAL.:biggrin::eek::rofl:

J MOSBY
July 24, 2013, 19:52
Can you get a granade launcher on it?

DYNOMIKE
July 24, 2013, 20:42
Can you get a granade launcher on it?

If it was a Widdle Iddy Bitty granade you might.. :tongue:

gates
July 31, 2013, 00:54
Put a can on it and I see some utility.

L Haney
July 31, 2013, 05:07
I find this thing as appealing as a doughnut with internal organs.

catmguy445
July 31, 2013, 18:08
So the video in the first post confuses me... Is it a tacticool operator thing or a fun and sporty sporting thing?

It's neither. What that thing is, is a worthless piece of crap that isn't really good for anything. I'm really aggravated with Doug Donnelly for trashing USFA's really good quality single action army revolver replicas in order to finance the design and building of a useless toy that virtually no one wants, even if it works. Which, from the non-review in the link, it apparently doesn't.

brunop
August 01, 2013, 01:02
I find this thing as appealing as a doughnut with internal organs.

This is one of the funniest things I've read here. What an awful visual.

:rofl: