PDA

View Full Version : Hogue Overrubber Shotgun Stock

longhair51
December 07, 2012, 18:24
I have a 590 Mossberg 12ga. I'm looking to buy a Hogue Overrubber Shotgun Stock.

The question is, does the rubber ever peel off or otherwise become loose?

genmeagher
December 08, 2012, 23:30
Just one guy's experience here, but I love the stock system. I've had the Hogue Overmold stock on a Mossie for years and it still looks great. No peeling or deterioration of the stock that I can see on my set. I definitely recommend it.

metalreptile
December 09, 2012, 08:28
Just curious. what advantage does the Hogue stock have over the factory Mossberg stock?

longhair51
December 09, 2012, 15:16
Just curious. what advantage does the Hogue stock have over the factory Mossberg stock?
The particular one that I'm looking at has 12" LOP and a good price. The factory 590 is a bit long for me when in tight quarters, or when wearing a coat, gear, etc.

genmeagher
December 09, 2012, 18:47
The Hogue overmold set is slightly oversized, which fits me well. Also, it has a tacky, textured rubber finish that doesn't get slick when wet like the factory stocks. The tacky part is on either side of the slide and on the handgrip portion of the stock. I have one of the Hogue grips on a shorty AR as well as a set on a 1911. Really happy with all of them.