PDA

View Full Version : Trijicon RMR on a Glock

harleypower69
December 03, 2012, 13:52
I have seen the YouTube videos. Was wondering if any of our esteemed membership has been running this setup?

Chris

K.O.A.M.
December 03, 2012, 15:18
I have two. One on a Glock 32, another on a 19. What's great about them is if you are taking a shot from a funky position through a barricade, it really helps in making the shot. I'm not as fast with them as I am with standard sights, probably because I don't get the time in. If I were running NODS, or a suppressor, I suspect they'd be even more useful.

Timber Wolf
December 04, 2012, 09:18
We have a guy running a Trijicon of some sort on his carry piece (G19) in USPSA locally. He sure looks funny running a Glock 19 in Open Class but gets lots of time in on his carry. I know I am impressed that he grabs it to rack the slide and it seems no worse for wear because of it. I have not looked real close but I think the mount is milled into his slide.

Fn/form
December 16, 2012, 01:47
Hilton Yam at 10-8 has not had good luck with them. Here's a link to a *cough arfcom* discussion about it.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_5_16/130676_Hilton_Yam_and_RMRs_on_MandPs___Fail.html

Too bad the 10-8forums.com site was taken down... has been replaced by modernserviceweapons.com.

Suarez is a huge proponent of slide mounted dots. He sells a lot of them. I don't know anything about his experience with their durability.