PDA

View Full Version : Desired K2 and K1 parts

dwkfym
November 22, 2012, 20:22
Hi everyone.

If one is able to produce and sell brand new, K-milspec or close to milspec parts on the market, which parts will be the most in need? I am thinking the barrel will be the most needed. How about parts aside from the barrel?

s0b3
November 22, 2012, 20:45
Hi everyone.

If one is able to produce and sell brand new, K-milspec or close to milspec parts on the market, which parts will be the most in need? I am thinking the barrel will be the most needed. How about parts aside from the barrel?

i think being a limited market having only X number imported, accessories would be in higher demand than replacement parts.

daewoorifleparts, stormerkz, agp and cnc warrior all make a few replacement parts and accessories and none are selling a whole lot of them.

i think a part that's prone to failure is the dr-300 bolt but there's probably only a handful of dr-300 owners that have a broken bolt or would want one as a spare. not sure if there's enough demand to offset the start up costs.

Dasho101
November 24, 2012, 09:56
i think being a limited market having only X number imported, accessories would be in higher demand than replacement parts.

daewoorifleparts, stormerkz, agp and cnc warrior all make a few replacement parts and accessories and none are selling a whole lot of them.

i think a part that's prone to failure is the dr-300 bolt but there's probably only a handful of dr-300 owners that have a broken bolt or would want one as a spare. not sure if there's enough demand to offset the start up costs.

ware parts like extractors and bolts

mountainman
November 25, 2012, 16:27
Hi everyone.

Hello Orlando, FL. If you ever need any help I am in Deltona, FL. Bit backed up now because I am getting my 1st CNC up and running. Good luck.
MM

Blain
November 26, 2012, 08:29
I would say complete K2 lowers for all the Daewoo 200s out there.

Espessially replacements of K2 stocks and pistols grips. Those polymer pieces are known to break / crack, and it is impossible to get replacements. Should be easy enough to cost a mold, and churn out some duplicate K2 stocks and or grips too.

AS far as making the complete lower, I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to punch in the specs to a CNC machine, and you could even use a AR15 lower parts kit, as K2's are compatible with that.

As far as upper parts go. The carrier and piston are heavy duty and not likely to break.

Firing pins and bolts would be the most likely parts that would need replacing, and both are very similar to AR parts so maybe they wouldn't be too hard to produce either. I always thought it would be ideal, (if someone WERE to make a K2 repro) to redesign the rifle slightly to make it accept drop in AR15 bolts. I wouldn't think that would take too much tweaking of the design seeing how similar it is to the AR. I'd also slightly tweak it to accept drop in FAL Handguards, as the short handguards are the one main flaw I see with the design.

As far as barrels go, most people with neutered 1-12 twist Daewoo barrels would LOVE to have a drop 1-9 or higher twist rate UNneutered barrel threaded to take AR muzzle devices.

From what hear, it is a major PITA to modify AR15 barrels to fit the daewoo (though it CAN be done), so having a custom barrel made for them would be nice. Though probably prohibitively expensive unless someone actively decides to replicate the K2 for domestic manufacture.

Anyone know why exactly Daewoo halted foreign rifle sales???

dwkfym
November 28, 2012, 12:50
Thanks guys.
I'm doing some research into this. Anyone have other information, such as how many 'woo's are in circulation today? or how many were imported?