PDA

View Full Version : Daewoo Rear Sight

crosse
November 04, 2012, 00:35
Hey guys, I've been playing with the range adjustment on the left side of the rear sight. The 2.5 setting clicks in with lots of play. I had the gun refinished and I'm wondering if the smith didn't reassembled the rear correctly. How does everyone else's woo behave with the 2.5 setting. It's also the lowest height. Comparatively the two unmarked clicks, have higher rear heights and solid clicks than the 2.5 and 4 settings.

The 2.5 has the windage notch visible. Is that right?
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-qIXqjveU-Kw/UJX7WjL3yuI/AAAAAAAACXI/HC9AX_RD6Bw/s640/IMAG0537.jpg
Here it is on the 2.5. I'm concerned about the vague feeling of 2.5 setting.

Daragoya
November 05, 2012, 22:53
That is consistent with the markings on my AR-100, the 2.5 setting has an engraving for the windage mark.
Is "vague" a reference to how easily the elevation wheel turns? I suppose that's because with the drum being on the lowest setting the tension spring is also at it's lowest tension.

crosse
November 06, 2012, 20:38
That is consistent with the markings on my AR-100, the 2.5 setting has an engraving for the windage mark.
Is "vague" a reference to how easily the elevation wheel turns? I suppose that's because with the drum being on the lowest setting the tension spring is also at it's lowest tension.

Yes, I was refering the range/elevation wheel (not the a1 style wheel on the right side). Its good to know that it has low tension at 2.5. Is there any reaason why the two unmarked settings are so much higher in tension and lockup?

Daragoya
November 07, 2012, 00:39
Yes, I was refering the range/elevation wheel (not the a1 style wheel on the right side). Its good to know that it has low tension at 2.5. Is there any reason why the two unmarked settings are so much higher in tension and lockup?
Just plain physics. The more the spring under the front of the rear sight is compressed, the more it resists being compressed. Compressing the spring only a little means that the bend along the entire length of the winding of the coil is very slight. Compress more and more and every bit of the spring has to bend more and more. (Think of the coil spring being uncoiled and made straight, then the end is being moved.)