PDA

View Full Version : Glock frames on Gunbroker???

Tibodoe
October 18, 2012, 22:33
Does anyone know why there are so many Glock frames for sale
on Gunbroker?

Andy the Aussie
October 19, 2012, 02:52
What generation are they ? Back when we had a spate of Kaaaboooms with G22s here I was surprised just how cheap a replacement frame was (under $100Aussie here), if they maybe some smaller Police Department/Security company did a "generation upgrade" on the cheap ? Any idea of serial numbers ? The replacement frames/barrels had a unique numbering system.

Andy

K.O.A.M.
October 19, 2012, 09:22
Because you can buy a Glock and part it out for more than it's worth. Some folks are taking the slides and milling them for red dot sights and selling the rest of the gun on Gunbroker. I picked up a couple of spare frames for replacements while I'm getting some stippling done. When I get them back, I will sell the spares.

TerryN
October 20, 2012, 15:58
Some folks are also installing aftermarket aluminum and steel frames on their Glocks for competition. Some of the police trade-in guns have new frames installed before they're resold. The originals have to go somewhere.

Tibodoe
October 20, 2012, 18:02
All very interesting answers.

bykerhd
October 20, 2012, 21:15
Most of the GunBroker ads I looked at listed their Glock frames as NEW.
Not LIKE new, but NEW.

But Type III seems to be what most are listed as.

JoeLad
October 21, 2012, 18:42
Most of the GunBroker ads I looked at listed their Glock frames as NEW.
Not LIKE new, but NEW.

But Type III seems to be what most are listed as.

So folks are buying new and changing out the frame for a new one. I recently picked up a NIB G19 that the owner replaced many factory parts on before even firing it.

Timber Wolf
October 22, 2012, 12:35
I would like to find everything EXCEPT the frame to put on a Timberwolf frame. I fingered one back in July while on vacation and it was the sweetest (non)Glock I have ever felt! Seriously, I am on the lookout for a G22 and will swap the stuff over to a Timberwolf frame at some point. Disclaimer: I am no relation to the firm Timberwolf, the similarity to my screen name is purely coincidental and I just happen to really like their product. In fact, my screen name dates back several decades when it was my CB handle, but then I just dated myself didnít I?

Right Side Up
October 23, 2012, 01:19
Does anyone know why there are so many Glock frames for sale
on Gunbroker?

Maybe because the top end self disassembled itself from the frame with pyrotechnics and is lodged in the Fudd's face in the next stall over. :rolleyes:

Tat2
October 27, 2012, 23:43
Some are for sale because the are FDE and some are RTF2

T

idsubgun
October 29, 2012, 09:12
The ones I looked at said they were new frames.
Wish they were a little cheaper. I'd get one and put one of our .22 LR conversions on it. And then screw one of our suppressors on it!

http://www.tacticalsol.com/tshome/tsg-22-conversion-for-glock-pistols

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp40/bjplowman/TacSol%20Stuff/GlockTEcopy.jpg

VALMET
October 31, 2012, 13:33
What generation are they ? Back when we had a spate of Kaaaboooms with G22s here I was surprised just how cheap a replacement frame was (under $100Aussie here), if they maybe some smaller Police Department/Security company did a "generation upgrade" on the cheap ? Any idea of serial numbers ? The replacement frames/barrels had a unique numbering system.

Andy

IIRC the "Kaboom" G-22s were the Gen 3s that mainly fell into the E-series frames (2002-03 timeframe). In addition to some of the RTF textured frames, some of the ones advertised have ambi mag releases (Gen4).