PDA

View Full Version : OT- 18" Barrel for Ithaca

Rocketman
July 23, 2001, 16:27
Anyone know where I can buy an 18" barrel for my Ithaca M-37 shotgun?
Thanks. :cool:

Drummer
July 23, 2001, 17:22
You might try Ithaca, I believe they sell them. The cheapest way probably would be to buy a used one and cut it to length. A gunsmith could do it for you for a few dollars.

Or, you can try this place: http://www.stellarrigs.com/stellarknife/Ithaca_Tactical_Kits.html

David

Timber Wolf
July 23, 2001, 18:05
I went the other way. I bought a old Game and Fish Ithaca M-37 with the iron sight short barrel. Found a 26 inch modified vent rib barrel at a gun show for $75. Don't even want to think about what new barrels cost!

Rew
July 23, 2001, 19:05
If you have a longer barrel to trade, I have the 18" deerslayer barrel. I would be glad to trade even up. I don't hunt deer with a shotgun and I have a 1300 Winchester defender for home/camp defence. I would like to use the Ithaca for dove.

TNT ARmoury
July 23, 2001, 20:06
One of my favorite weapon systems. I picked up an ex- Douglas County CO Police Special, parkerized, without the funky game scene on the side at a great price. I bought a 20" riot barrel and mounted a copy of the 'duckbill' choke as used by the SEALs in Vietnam. I think I still have the 18" cylinder bore up in the gunlocker. It didn't come with a bead sight.

Rocketman
July 23, 2001, 22:24
Thanks for the response to my Q. Barrels sure are expensive these days. I went to the Ithaca site and they wanted $210 smackers for a 20 inch bead site tube! Holy Cow..... I might just hunt for one at the gun shows or cut one down like was suggested. Once again, thank you much! :eek: :cool:

Tex
July 24, 2001, 00:10
Rew or TNT,
Would either of you want to sell one of your bbls? I own a 13" AOW that I'd kinda like to put a buttstock on and need a longer bbl to do this.
Thanks