View Full Version : Barrel removal?

September 27, 2012, 12:54
I plan on sending my DR 200 barrel out to have it shortened. I have "googled" for how to remove the barrel, and have found only vague explanations of how to remove it. Is there a simple "at home" method by which to remove the barrel? I don't want to butcher anything, just want to save some cash on shipping and shop time. My intention is to have the barrel cut down to 14.5 and install and blind pin on an extended YHM muzzle break. Any ideas on who does good barrel work? Thanks! John

September 27, 2012, 14:28
um i thank its is accepted moses is the best (and for good reason from pics i have seen) i cant wait for my job to stabilize to get him to rebarrel my woo

September 27, 2012, 15:03
It seems to be the consensus that Moses would be a good choice.

September 27, 2012, 20:38
I had mine shortened & threaded, & my smith didn't have to remove the barrel. Some have a "jig" where they can put the whole barreled upper in a lathe & cut the barrel. He did mine for $50 a few years ago. GARY

September 28, 2012, 17:55
Thanks for the replies guys! I think I will leave the barrel on the upper and send it off that way for the chop.

September 28, 2012, 21:53
Moses told me the WOO barrels are "pressed" in so personally I wouldnt even attempt it..
I just sent Moses the upper and let him take care of everything..