PDA

View Full Version : WTK

grenadier
September 21, 2012, 20:20
I see Max II's and K2's for sell on Gunbroker. I'm really getting the bug, but can someone tell me the difference in these two weapons. They appear to be the same?

ServiceRifle
September 21, 2012, 20:35
Max IIs, K2s and AR100s are the same rifle. Most are 1/7.3" twist barrels - but I think some (a few) may have 1/12" twist barrels. I think you are more likely to encounter a 1/12" twist barrel on the post bans DR200 etc. Barrel twist IS NOT marked on the barrel.

The Max IIs, K2s and AR100s have ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY the best, most rigid folding stock on any folding stock rifle you will ever encounter. It is the most comfortable folding stock to use when extended. If you want a rifle with a folding stock get one of these. My personal perference is to have a folding stock fold to the right side of the receiver (like the Max IIs, K2s and AR100s) and not to the left side like with the ACE stocks.

Although it doesn't look like it the Daewoo is designed to fire and function with the folding stock folded to the right side.

It is an amazing piece of engineering.

Blaster
September 22, 2012, 14:04
My personal perference is to have a folding stock fold to the right side of the receiver (like the Max IIs, K2s and AR100s) and not to the left side like with the ACE stocks.

At least the ACE folders fold to the RIGHT side on the DR-200's.

ServiceRifle
September 22, 2012, 14:50
All the ACE folders I've ever seen on DR200s fold to the left side - the side opposite the ejection port and the charging handle.

wayne in boca
September 23, 2012, 06:54
They are reversible.I had my DR200 stock folding to the left until I got my K2.I switched the Ace stock on the DR200 to fold right to make it more like the real thing.

grenadier
September 25, 2012, 10:12
Are the barrel threads the same as on an AR? I have an Ideal of putting a Vietnam era slip-over flash-hider onto one. I think it would look great. The threads are located toward the end of the flash-hider tube and not on the end or beginning, so to speak. Gives a Carbine look, while keeping the same barrel length and not having to cut it . Any thoughts? Anyone here know of anyone who has done this before. If so, Pic's would be nice.

Dirt1042
September 25, 2012, 12:25
Are the barrel threads the same as on an AR? I have an Ideal of putting a Vietnam era slip-over flash-hider onto one. I think it would look great. The threads are located toward the end of the flash-hider tube and not on the end or beginning, so to speak. Gives a Carbine look, while keeping the same barrel length and not having to cut it . Any thoughts? Anyone here know of anyone who has done this before. If so, Pic's would be nice.

Not sure about the other woos but the dr 200 is not threaded.

Dirt1042
September 25, 2012, 12:26
They are reversible.I had my DR200 stock folding to the left until I got my K2.I switched the Ace stock on the DR200 to fold right to make it more like the real thing.

How does that function? Doesn't it mess with the charging handle and ejected brass?

StormWerkz
September 25, 2012, 15:55
How does that function? Doesn't it mess with the charging handle and ejected brass?

Just curious, why would you shoot a rifle with the stock folded?

ServiceRifle
September 25, 2012, 17:09
I would assume that there may be an occasion or two for a ROK paratrooper or tanker to fire it with the stock folded. It is a semi auto version of a Korean Service rifle and it is designed with a folding stock that permits the weapon to be used even with the stock folded.

s0b3
September 25, 2012, 21:01
Not sure about the other woos but the dr 200 is not threaded.

the dr-200 is threaded. the muzzle break needs to be heated to be removed and the threads are longer than an ar15 so most people just get the barrel cut to 16" with normal length threads. or if you remove the flash hider, you can use a lock nut to take up some of the excess threads.

N4KVE
September 26, 2012, 12:58
I would assume that there may be an occasion or two for a ROK paratrooper or tanker to fire it with the stock folded. It is a semi auto version of a Korean Service rifle and it is designed with a folding stock that permits the weapon to be used even with the stock folded. While the gun will shoot when folded, the gun was designed to be folded while climbing into a tank, or jumping out of a perfectly good airplane. The soldier would then open the stock when shooting it. GARY

Dirt1042
September 26, 2012, 22:14
the dr-200 is threaded. the muzzle break needs to be heated to be removed and the threads are longer than an ar15 so most people just get the barrel cut to 16" with normal length threads. or if you remove the flash hider, you can use a lock nut to take up some of the excess threads.

Thanks for clearing that up. I thought I read somewhere that the fake worthless thing on the end was just silver soddered on. :smile:

Dirt1042
September 26, 2012, 22:16
Just curious, why would you shoot a rifle with the stock folded?

Why wouldn't a guy want to shoot it now and again with the stock folded? Say I'm riding and a 4wheeler or a snow machine and chasing coyotes down, it would be handy to blast one armed with the folded gun slung across.
Lets say for purpose sake why would anyone want to render their weapon useless because they wanted the stock to fold into the charging handle? If it's easier to carry while folded and a guy needs it quick, he won't have time to fumble with the stock to get it open to shoot. The original design allowed the stock to fold right and the weapon to still function.