PDA

View Full Version : Beretta 1201FP police trade in.

oz in SC
September 15, 2012, 21:28
Local store has three for sale,didn't take a really close look but seem nice enough,two had shell holders on the side I remember.

Anyway,he is asking $450 each,is this a good price?

Are they good guns?

xtremerange
September 16, 2012, 16:52
At an LGS (local gun store) that is a decent price.

They are great pieces. Careful of the shell holders maybe messing with the inertia based operating system by adding weight. I say that only based on internet lore since the very similar Benelli M1S90 that I have with a shell holder functions fine with the extra weight.

cgmees
September 17, 2012, 16:25
Some department or country must have traded these in because I see a dealer on Gun Broker that is selling them for $489.

I have one that I have owned since the mid/late 90's. Works very well with high base shells. Mine seems to not really like dove loads, but then I don't think I have put more then 300 rounds through it. Back when I picked it up, I was told that it might need to be "broken in" before it would reliably function with light loads. Does stay nice and clean since there is no gas system. Just don't plan on doing much to it as parts are scarce.

I am considering selling it as I never use it and the price you mentioned and the Gun Broker deal is in the range I was considering.