PDA

View Full Version : Does a Dr200 gas plug come out

Stoney
September 13, 2012, 17:52
like a FALs? Mine turns, but does not come out. So far I like the Woo.

N4KVE
September 13, 2012, 18:59
They come out. They get a bit of carbon on the plug making it hard to remove, but they do. GARY

boomerdog1
September 14, 2012, 07:12
I had to pry mine out. The previous owner(s)? had obviously never removed it. A couple of dentil picks will be your friend to remove the carbon inside the gas block. I clean mine every time after shooting now.

bykerhd
September 17, 2012, 07:35
For hard carbon on the gas piston and gas plug, when you get it out, use a brass or copper scraper(pennies work pretty well and they can be spent and/or replaced if worn, etc).

After that I use brass or bronze toothbrush type brushes to clean off other carbon fouling.

For the gas tube and block I use pistol brushes a bit on the large side with some solvent and then use cleaning patches on a slotted tip to remove the gunk and lube things a bit if it is going to be stored a while.

Unless neglected, Daewoo and FAL gas systems are usually pretty easy to clean.

Stoney
September 17, 2012, 09:28
Thanks, I got it out and its clean now.

Dirt1042
October 03, 2012, 23:57
Since we are talking about gas plugs. I shot my woo yesterday and the brass went flying 10+ yards at the 2 oclock position. Which way to turn the gas down?

s0b3
October 04, 2012, 11:50
Since we are talking about gas plugs. I shot my woo yesterday and the brass went flying 10+ yards at the 2 oclock position. Which way to turn the gas down?

* Control of gas operation 4 positions by gas regulator rotation.
o O - Closed position, when firing a rifle grenade
o L - Full open position, in adverse condition
o M - Medium open position, in normal condition
o S - Small open position, extreme heat

The gas regulator is mounted at the front to the cylinder and has a milled cap which can be rotated to one of the positions marked respectively O, L, M and S. To rotate the gas regulator, depress the detent (see figure below) and rotate the gas regulator. At 'O' the valve is fully closed, no gas passes to the cylinder, may be used for launching rifle grenades. The normal firing position is with the regulator set on 'M' and 'L' is an oversized port reserved for those occasions when the rifle is lacking in energy due to fouling, entry of the sand or snow or "light" loads. and 'S' is an undersized port reserved for the occasion when the rifle is excessive in energy, due to extreme heat or "hot" loads.
s0b3 is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message

moses
November 22, 2012, 04:13
I actually run my woo's on the S position and it still has plenty of energy to kick the brass 7' to 10' and that is with a shortened 16" barrel.
All my Woo's will kick the brass a good 25' if I use the M position.

Dirt1042
December 27, 2012, 22:25
I actually run my woo's on the S position and it still has plenty of energy to kick the brass 7' to 10' and that is with a shortened 16" barrel.
All my Woo's will kick the brass a good 25' if I use the M position.

I'm going to try the S position. The 10 yard launch was on the "M" position.