Stoney
September 08, 2012, 17:01
http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii516/stoney1666/woo.jpg

garyd1961
September 08, 2012, 17:23
Nice, I want one.

ServiceRifle
September 09, 2012, 08:31
Get a little high temp black engine block paint at the auto parts store and paint the front metal part of that FAL handguard. The rifle is too nice not to do that

Stoney
September 09, 2012, 08:57
I'm thinking of putting Assie one on, if I do will post

susi
September 09, 2012, 13:39
Daewoos are great aren't they? I have 4. 3 Kimbers 1 B-West. We had a nephew (27) spend the winter with us here in Arizona. He was working for a trail riding place as a guide/wrangler. Took him out to shoot a few times and he really liked the 'woos.

When he got back to Idaho. He told his mother that he'd fallen in love with a Korean named "Woo" in Arizona. Her first name was "Dae". His mothers not a real shooting enthusiast so I'm not sure how that went over.

Enjoy the rifle.

br82722
September 09, 2012, 23:18
Daewoos are great aren't they? I have 4. 3 Kimbers 1 B-West. We had a nephew (27) spend the winter with us here in Arizona. He was working for a trail riding place as a guide/wrangler. Took him out to shoot a few times and he really liked the 'woos.

When he got back to Idaho. He told his mother that he'd fallen in love with a Korean named "Woo" in Arizona. Her first name was "Dae". His mothers not a real shooting enthusiast so I'm not sure how that went over.

Enjoy the rifle.

28 posts in 12 years! Awesome, I thought I lurked...:whiskey:

ETA: Stoney, if you want to remove the fake flash hider and have a real one installed, removing the barrel from the receiver is a piece of cake!

Stoney
September 10, 2012, 09:12
br8
Tell me more

br82722
September 10, 2012, 11:05
There used to be a thread with photos, but I cannot seem to find it. Anyways, approach it just like an AR - remove handguards, etc. The gas block pins came out nicely (unlike every AR I have done).

The only real trick is the threaded plug at the bottom of the receiver holding the barrel in place. I found a long screw that would thread into the plug and then just yanked it out. Note: the plug is NOT threaded into the receiver, it is just pressed in. The inside of the plug is threaded. It will make sense when you look at it. Once the plug is out, the barrel just pulls out of the receiver. I think I had to lightly tap a wood block against the barrel extension, but it didn't take much force.

It will be considerably less expensive to have your barrel worked on by sending just the barrel and extension.:wink:

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195348

s0b3
September 10, 2012, 14:15
ETA: Stoney, if you want to remove the fake flash hider and have a real one installed, removing the barrel from the receiver is a piece of cake!

fwiw, it's not necessary to pull the barrel to have a flash hider installed. the threads are the same pitch as an ar15 1/2 x 28 but they are longer. if you just remove the factory brake and use an ar15 flash hider, you'll have exposed threads. you can use a lock washer at the base.

or get the barrel cut to 16" and threaded to ar15 specs.

br82722
September 10, 2012, 16:02
fwiw, it's not necessary to pull the barrel to have a flash hider installed. the threads are the same pitch as an ar15 1/2 x 28 but they are longer. if you just remove the factory brake and use an ar15 flash hider, you'll have exposed threads. you can use a lock washer at the base.

or get the barrel cut to 16" and threaded to ar15 specs.

True. I ended taking a dremel to mine and so I needed it cut and recrowned anyways. No amount of heat from a map-gas torch worked to loosen it!

Stoney
September 10, 2012, 18:15
The barrel pin thread is 10x32 on mine.