PDA

View Full Version : BOHICA??

Oakspring
August 29, 2012, 01:37
What happened to BOHICA Arms the maker of the FAR-50? They seemed to have disappeared from the net.

JB Books
August 31, 2012, 11:49
They have seemed have dropped off of the face of the earth. I don't know if it is true or not, but I've heard that 1 or 2 of them blow up.

Oakspring
August 31, 2012, 13:40
Yeah, I can't find the company anywhere and there are all kinds of rumors floating about.

There was one out-of-battery destructive event, but that turned out to be directly due to the idiot trying to force closed the breach on a live round with a rubber mallet. Gee there was a rocket scientist in action!! Hey Bubba - hold my beer and watch this!:uhoh::uhoh:

My guess is that it was reloaded ammunition that wasn't properly resized....and those mothers are a beoatch to resize! Forcing closed a breech with a hammer would definitely make you a candidate for the Darwin Awards, however the shooter only earned runner up status as he didn't die as a result of his stupidity and fortunately only injured himself and no one else in the process.

JB Books
August 31, 2012, 21:18
beating a bolt closed with a hammer is never a good idea.

Artful
September 01, 2012, 10:38
I had a friend buy one - prepaid and had to wait a LOOONNNNGGGGG time for it to come in. Customer service/communication was lacking according to him.
:bow:

novalondon
September 04, 2012, 03:22
Bohica is Now.

Valley Ordnance Works
800-804-6473
or sales@valleyordnance.com

Bohica closed NOT due to a weapon blowing up but due to a Marriage blowing up.
Messy divorce and a new name and they are back in business. Made several changes to the rifles bolts and flash hider and a few other areas.
Chris is still the owner:cool:

Steve K.
September 18, 2012, 09:11
Bohica is Now.

Valley Ordnance Works
800-804-6473
or sales@valleyordnance.com

Bohica closed NOT due to a weapon blowing up but due to a Marriage blowing up.
Messy divorce and a new name and they are back in business. Made several changes to the rifles bolts and flash hider and a few other areas.
Chris is still the owner:cool:

The owner of what? The site is not up.

novalondon
September 18, 2012, 12:34
Chris, from what I have been told does not do computer very well and spends the hours he works doing so in the shop. His dad I believe does all the office pogue work. Last I heard the telephone still rings and dad does answer. call them

Steve K.
September 18, 2012, 16:26
Chris, from what I have been told does not do computer very well and spends the hours he works doing so in the shop. His dad I believe does all the office pogue work. Last I heard the telephone still rings and dad does answer. call them

I see three possibilities - One, he cannot afford a website (i.e. cannot pay someone to do it); two, he is "too busy" to make one; or three, he thinks he doesn't need one. Any of those means he is too small potatoes (or bad at business) to engage with, and one would be well advised to stay away. Combine that with his past reputation, and it is easy to know what to do.

Actually, it could be said that this is what the lack of a website is saying - I don't want to deal with you, so please stay away. I will. :smile: