PDA

View Full Version : I Know It's a Century VZ-2008 But $399.95...

Blackmore
August 28, 2012, 09:16
with $9.95 magazines.

http://www.jgsales.com/-p-4624.html

lawdog
August 29, 2012, 14:09
That is one of the few things I have seen Century touch and have it come out as something decent. I really like my VZ-2008.

I wonder if they are really back in stock or if that is a zombie advertisement.

If they are available, that is a good deal (although I seem to recall getting them slightly cheaper maybe 18 months ago or so). Still, it beats the price that AKs are bringing these days.

olgier
August 29, 2012, 15:03
I'm trying to justify buying one, but can't come up with one single reason too. $400.00 is a good buy though if really in stock.

ALL FAL
August 29, 2012, 20:29
I'm thinking about why the mags for it are so different and can standard mags be made to work? Spare parts?

What do you say Lawdog? can you fill us in ? Some closeup pics would be great, Thanks.

xtremerange
August 30, 2012, 06:57
Standard VZ58 mags work. AK mags will not.

lawdog
August 30, 2012, 07:04
X-range summed it up. I don't see AK mags or VZ mags being moddable to work in the other's mag well. But I can tell you that the mags are very substantial and reasonably priced. I don't anticipate ever being able to break one or wear it out.

I like the VZ quite a bit more than my AKs and in fact sold off most of them as a result of having the VZ. No regrets, no need to look back.

If you have the chance to handle one of these rifles, be it Czechpoint's mostly original version or Century's, you'll immediately know why I think they are all that.

ALL FAL
August 31, 2012, 23:54
Cool, thanks Gent's, I may have to sell off a well battle scared SKS and get one, I did notice that the rear sight didn't look very Robust like most AK's? Might have been the pic's that were not very clear though.

Arizona Highlander
September 01, 2012, 09:11
J&G most certainly does have them in stock (I just checked them out yesterday). Nice rifles for the money. They've got a milled receiver, but even so they're actually a bit lighter than a (stamped receiver) AK.

Super good price on the magazines, too.

Note, though, that (as I recall) this price is part of a "J&G Labor Day Sale," and that they'll be back to their original price of $499 come Monday . . .

Spieler
September 02, 2012, 07:54
I've always wanted one and I regretted not picking one up when they were regularly $349.99 from J&G and others some time ago. That was remedied today with my order for one, taking advantage of the Labor Day $100 off sale.:smile: I also took advantage of getting enough extra mags for the sale price of $9.95. Heck, it's hard to find decent AK mags for that price anymore.

Spieler
September 15, 2012, 10:18
I picked up my Vz2008 on Sept. 10th and although I have not had a chance to shoot it yet, a thorough examination and dry-fire shows definite promise.

It has a dark and even finish, fitting and machining work look well executed and the rifle is impressive overall. I can't get over how light it feels in the hand compared to an AK.

Will put up some pics and report once I get some rounds downrange.

harleyrider
September 15, 2012, 15:51
I bought 7 of these a year ago or so when they were $329-349. Sold most of them but still have a couple. Great rifles for the money. I think the features of the VZ58 model trump any AK handsdown. Love the ones I kept. With the side folding stock and slim profile, the make an awesome truck gun!

HR

http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx196/harleyrider_photo/VZ58/DSCF5300.jpg

http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx196/harleyrider_photo/VZ58/DSCF6730.jpg

DCBROWN
September 15, 2012, 20:17
Just checked and now their $499..

I have 2 of them. One worked great and the other was a dud.