PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the P250?

Spieler
July 26, 2012, 05:58
I am searching for a new compact 9mm handgun for CCW and am considering the P250. I've had great success with other SIG products, but have heard that the P250 is somewhat of a mixed bag when it comes to quality and reliability. I like the fact that it is a SIG and love it's sub $400 price tag, but is the gamble worth it?

Thoughts, opinions and feedback on those who have or had a P250 greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

DrDover
July 26, 2012, 09:44
Be prepared for a long dao trigger pull. I had a hard time with mine and sold in infavor of a m&p 9mm. Look around and you can find the smith for under $400

VALMET
July 26, 2012, 11:18
In my limited experience with them I find them flimsy, their triggers abysmal, ergonomics lacking...just never cared for them. A friend of mine bought one brand new back when they came out and couldn't get rid of it quickly enough...sold it and spent some extra $ and picked up a SIG P-226 and he hasn't looked back since.

Redneck Rob
July 26, 2012, 11:58
Best handgun,p250c, I've ever owned and I've had a few. Mine is the second gen model. From the reviews I've watched/read, everybody "thinks" SA trigger when it is a DAO trigger, on par with a S&W mod 10. If and ONLY if you're OK with a DAO trigger you should like it. After a couple hundred rds. through it, you should love it. If you get it, GREASE the rails BEFORE you shoot it ! Oil is not your friend on this !!! I have the standard med grp on mine. When I pull the trigger back, my finger touches my thumb letting me know it's almost ready to fire. Also the front sight is where the POI is, so no six o'clock hold. Before you buy, hold it in your hand an rock the slide back and forth at the back. You want the least amount of slack that you can get. If I can ever learn how to post pics, I'd post my last target so you could see why I wont sell it. Cheap FMJ range ammo (wwb) 40 S&W - 0.662" x 0.530" 3 shots @ 10 yrds. off hand, bi-focals with cataracts (sp ?) starting. I'm getting new stronger glasses this afternoon by-the-way. I can't wait to go shooting.

LKY_13
July 31, 2012, 19:12
Not sure what you've been reading regarding quality and reliability, but my P250 is every bit as reliable as my German 229. At least in my experience.

The trigger pull is long and deliberate, however it is nice and smooth. I find it to be every bit as accurate as a 226/229. Problem is; you have to do the time, and practice with the trigger (Quick follow-up shots are not easy by any means). I would rank it as an excellent CCW choice, however it is a tad wide. Even in the sub compact variant.