PDA

View Full Version : K-31 for $79.95 !!!!! For real !!

'TUDE
March 18, 2002, 23:27
AIM is having a sale on the 26th and 27th only. Shooter grade K-31's for $79.95. Plus FREE shipping!!
Now you can't beat that with a stick !

[ March 18, 2002: Message edited by: Faltitude ]

law4fun
March 18, 2002, 23:29
you dont need anymore K-31's....save some for me!!!! :D ;) :D
Looking forward to seeing you this weekend and picking up the Turks (assuming all goes well the remainder of the week)
Jim

'TUDE
March 18, 2002, 23:33
Hope to see you as well Jim.Hope everything works out for the best for you.
\
By the way, you can't have enough of these K-31's, especially for that price. If anything, they will make good barter material in the future.
Hehe.

Mad Dog 7.62
March 19, 2002, 03:56
Now, if they'd just have a sale on the ammo.... :( :(

XeroSygnal
March 19, 2002, 10:53
Argh!!! And I'm still waiting for my C&R license!!! ATF cashed the check on Feb. 18th, so I figured it's still gonna be another month or two before I get mine...

MG-70
March 19, 2002, 12:24
What are their shooter grades like? Can someone post a review or pic?

Thanks for the headsup,
MG-70

'TUDE
March 19, 2002, 13:03
Here ya go.
All I have seen had worn butts, a few dings, but the bores were very nice. All matching numbers too.
http://www.aimsurplus.com/frontpage2.gif

skuld
March 19, 2002, 13:08
ok, so the next question of course must be who is the best FFL in DFW to go to to order a few of these? Best being defined as charging a reasonable transfer fee, but not raping me.

-skuld

'TUDE
March 19, 2002, 13:29
If you can make a trip north of DFW to Bonham, my dealer only charges $10.

hsp223
March 19, 2002, 15:45
Erik over at swissrifles.come works for AIM and said the bores were excellent, with exterior wear and dents in the stocks. In otherwords, the same condition they are in now. These are not rejects. In fact someone over there was a little dissapointed in his bore and Eric offered to take care of it. He seems like a really nice guy and AIM is a standup company. No I don't work for them nor make any money from them. If you are interested in Swiss rifles go to swissrifles.com for the scoop.

faldoc
March 19, 2002, 19:05
I ordered one of the select ones and it was very nice. I used my C&R license to have it shipped to my door. Can't beat this price, even if the stock is ugly.

armedpeasant
March 19, 2002, 22:35
I really need to send away for my C&R. In the mean time, I don't think I can resist $80 K-31's, shipped. Do you realize that, at that price, three of these rifles cost less than just one of the no-gunsmithing scope mounts that I've read about for the K-31? For $80, I can afford to buy one that I can get drilled and tapped.

Tony.
March 19, 2002, 22:41
Originally posted by armedpeasant:
<STRONG>I really need to send away for my C&R. In the mean time, I don't think I can resist $80 K-31's, shipped. Do you realize that, at that price, three of these rifles cost less than just one of the no-gunsmithing scope mounts that I've read about for the K-31? For $80, I can afford to buy one that I can get drilled and tapped.</STRONG>

Pierre at the swiss rifle forum is producing exact replicas of the clamp on scope mount for $125, he is also making a drill & tap mount for $40. These are offset mounts, with the clamp-on mounting on the right side and the drill and tap mounting on the left (from the shooters perspective), both utilize the 3/8 inch dovetail. Offest mounts are necessary due to the upward ejecting case.

If you want an over-the-bore mount, S&K (www.scopemounts.com) just came out with a scout style scope mount, which replaces the rear sight, for $75.

[ March 19, 2002: Message edited by: Tony. ]

armedpeasant
March 19, 2002, 23:47
Thanks for the info, Tony. I really wish that there was a way to mount a normal scope in line with the bore on these rifles. I'd rather avoid using an offest mount, if possible. I wonder if one could mount the scope a bit high to give the brass some clearance.

Tony.
March 20, 2002, 11:10
I hear you armedpesant, I was leary about the offset mount, but I figured that since I am a lefty and left eye dominant, the clamp on should work for me since it is mounted on right side (shooters perspective) of the rifle. I also got the Millet angle lock mounts to move it closer to the bore. Once my mount ships (2-3 weeks) I'll give it a try, if I don't like it, I'll get the S&K scout mount.

skuld
March 22, 2002, 14:39
Randy,

Just saw your email, don't know how I missed it earlier. Thanks man! You're a lifesaver!

-Skuld

bookertbab
March 22, 2002, 18:38
Originally posted by Mad Dog 7.62:
<STRONG>Now, if they'd just have a sale on the ammo.... :( :(</STRONG>

Well Mad Dog your in luck, because they are putting GP11 ammo on sale with the rifles for $3.50 a box of 10, 6 box min order. I'm not sure if you have to buy a rifle to get the ammo at sale price or not, you can call them if your interested.

Ctrot
March 26, 2002, 11:34
Got mine on the way this morning!

Can't wait to get it to the range and hear "whut in da hale is that thang?" :)

Rifle_Guy
March 26, 2002, 11:39
Where is this here Swiss Rifle Forum?

gunhead
March 26, 2002, 12:01
This May not be it but there are many other links at this site, Good Luck>> http://www.swissrifles.com/ :cool:

Munster30
March 26, 2002, 15:45
Just ordered 4 of them, two for me and 2 for my partner. :D :D

Ssarge
March 26, 2002, 16:43
Just ordered 1 a few minutes ago. Damn this C&R bug! The wife is gonna catch on one of these day's! First a Samco K98 on Friday, then a K31 on Tuesday....

Fray Bentos
March 26, 2002, 17:02
Couldn't resist.....Had them throw in a M48 Mauser as well!
If they put the M48 in the same box as the K31 do you think they will not charge me for shipping on that one also!

Hootbro
March 27, 2002, 04:22
Originally posted by Fray Bentos:
<STRONG>Couldn't resist.....Had them throw in a M48 Mauser as well!
If they put the M48 in the same box as the K31 do you think they will not charge me for shipping on that one also!</STRONG>

Odered two M48's from AIM last year and received both rifles in there own boxes but taped together to form one unit. Each rifle came packaged with a box in a box. I was charged higher rate for shipping but it was less than what would have been charge if shipped as two seperate boxes.

HTH
Hootbro

Cybercop
March 28, 2002, 16:41
Originally posted by Faltitude:
<STRONG>AIM is having a sale on the 26th and 27th only. Shooter grade K-31's for $79.95. Plus FREE shipping!!
Now you can't beat that with a stick !

[ March 18, 2002: Message edited by: Faltitude ]</STRONG>

Right! Thats it! I have to do it, C&R application went in the mail this afternoon. Sigh I guess it's only a credit rating and I shouldn't get too upset.

Jim