PDA

View Full Version : Sig Mesquito

BlackgunCO
July 02, 2012, 20:20
Anybody have one of these? Any issues? Accurate?

Jaxxas
July 02, 2012, 22:05
Good question! They look nice, be interested to hear any reviews!

gaijinsamurai
July 03, 2012, 07:12
My dad has one. He complains about it a lot. Not very reliable, he says.

mongolian
July 03, 2012, 10:31
It,s not a bad little gun. Shoots fine, it likes cci ammo though and mine took 3 to 4 hundered rounds
to breaking it in. It helps to lube the cases with wd 40 and it will help a lot. Overall its not a bad little gun it does feel good when you hold it. Its not a compotition pistol but it groups OK. Hope this helps

wolfspotter1
July 03, 2012, 20:03
I've shot one and wasn't happy with the accuracy or reliability. I found a cheap Ruger Standard semi made in 1965 and never had it jam. Accuracy is outstanding and it will last generations. Parts and accessories are easy to find for all models of Ruger semi pistols.

ftierson
July 04, 2012, 02:08
Google the SIG Mosquito and you'll find a lot of complaints about it's reliability...

It does look quite nice to my eye, too, but it isn't worth much if it doesn't work, if you catch my drift...

Forrest

BlackgunCO
July 04, 2012, 12:54
Dang, doesn't sound that good. Might still try one though. Have heard of issues with most of the other .22lr semis in this price range too. Might be best to stick with an old school Ruger or buckmark or something similar. Will see.

BlackgunCO
July 04, 2012, 17:48
Did some looking around. Looks like you can do some work on the feed ramps and top of chamber to make it feed more reliably. Also there is a heavier recoil spring that helps. Have seen a lot that say it works well on CCI Stingers or Minimags. I think it becomes very reliable with other ammo brands when the mods/improvements are made. Having my dealer pick one up for me, so will give it a go.

littlematt
July 06, 2012, 15:13
on top of the reliability issues (which can supposedly be fixed as previously mentioned) we had to send one back three times. the slide cracked at least once but may have been twice

the guy who owns it shoots it almost everyday. he loves it because it has tons of stoppages which he sees as good practice for clearing drills and so on...

hard to beat a ruger mk III but that is my bias

jugrunner
July 13, 2012, 18:11
glad I read this ... I've been thinking about one myself ...

I'll just keep my old High Standard 103 I guess ...

Ruger makes a good one for sure but a BITCH to takedown ...

Bill Ruger made "Ruger" what it was with that .22 pistol ...

WWM
July 13, 2012, 20:50
We've sold quite a few and like said above they are very picky ammo wise. One of the guys that works at our shop bought one for his girlfriend just a few weeks ago. Oddly enough it shoots fine with CCI Blazer, but doesn't like Federal blue or gold box which is backward from what I hear from other customers. All of them seem to shoot CCI Mini-mag and stingers just fine. One customer with a threaded model even uses CCI sun-sonic, but I don't know if he modded the gun otherwise.

fastprofessor
July 13, 2012, 23:35
I've had one for a couple years now. It did take A LOT of break in to get the slide slick enough to feed better (notice I said better). It still is ammo finicky but I still kinda like it. It also seems to shoot reliably for me but the kids can't get 2 rounds off in a row. So there must be a grip strength issue with the reliability as well. Overall I like mine but I would only recommend them to others with caution.

BlackgunCO
July 17, 2012, 23:05
Just took mine out for the 1st time. Ran 60 or so rounds without a single problem. I used Aguila high velocity ammo. Not super accurate. Trigger is a little long but it has a good feel to it and I like the ergonomics. Seems like a great trainer or plinker to me.

ByronF
July 18, 2012, 18:23
Pleased enough with the MkII to not bother with a pistol that has some hit-and-miss reliability issues. Mine is a stainless 5" bull barrel target version from back when they came in cardboard boxes. Mags and parts are common. Recently I've caught the jones for one of those aluminum uppers to make a heavy target pistol into a good pack gun.