PDA

View Full Version : wacko

realstang
February 22, 2002, 12:07
Well I have had my c&r lic. oh for about 2 years now and recieved 18 firearms via ups.A week ago my wife signed for 2 rifles 91/30 and a 1938 carbine, in the process the ups man commented that he had another package for the "RIGHT WING WACKO" my wife said her reply was "NO MY HUSBAND IS A COLLECTER". My understanding he has had this same area for many years.Is this guy way out of line? Or should I just blow it off as a joke? Fogot to mention have orderd a few cases of ammo. :eek:

EMDII
February 22, 2002, 12:08
Context is always important. Maybe just talk w/ him and ascertain that he was being facetious, if dumb, and NOT really commenting on your sanity. If so, file a complaint.

law4fun
February 22, 2002, 12:09
WAY out of line. I would be visiting with the terminal supervisor and if that didn't work, go to the area supervisor. Sounds like the butthead needs an attitude adjustment and a little customer service training.

sledgehammer
February 22, 2002, 12:23
I've had this happen quite a few times. The usual line from the driver was, "Why does one person, need so many guns?" My first response is always, "How do you know there are guns in this package, and what business is it of yours?" Most are very nice and don't ask questions and just earn their paycheck. I buy rifles in bulk, to earn a paycheck as well. It all works out in the end.

shootist
February 22, 2002, 20:25
Law4fun is right on the money about this. Who is the deliveryman to pass judgment about you and any lawful activity you choose to engage in. Hell the lowlife piece of shit should be thankful that people like you place orders to be delivered by people like him or he might be standing on an unemployment line.

realstang
February 22, 2002, 21:13
Thanks to all. Shootist I beileve you hit the nail on the head.KID ROCK RULES.

Sailor553
February 22, 2002, 21:32
Keep in mind that the driver is probably a "voter". I'd engage him in some friendly chat. Maybe, if he shows an interest, display one of those relics for him to see. Education is a powerfull voting tool.

skfullgun
February 22, 2002, 23:40
Sounds like he needs a lesson in manners. Does he realize he works for YOU?

Maybe you oughta just shoot the SOB! O.K....I'm JUST KIDDING! It's Friday and I've had a few Millers...

BKinzey
February 23, 2002, 02:53
Blow it off unless he makes more comments.

I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. If he was smart enough to figure out the packages I would guess he would be smart enough to know if he was serious with that comment he could easily be fired for making it.

dwarmbrodt
February 23, 2002, 07:55
Hi group,

Very uncool for that comment. When I worked for the US Postal Service, we were instructed never to assume the contents of a package and share that with the customer. The only time the delivery guy should be concerned with the contents is if there is a safety hazard potential, and that is what supervisors are for.

Nik
February 23, 2002, 09:55
The UPS guy's an idiot but life is full of idiots. I'd just blow it off.

lost
February 23, 2002, 13:04
Dont sweat the small stuff. His wife probably wont let him have toys. He probably thought your wife was the same as his. He just thought he was buying some browny points with you wife. no big deal.Just another fool. The world is full of them.

realstang
February 23, 2002, 13:14
THANKS, I'M GONNA BLOW IT OFF. The only thing I worry about is the UPS guy talking to others attracting attention to my home due to the things going on these days. :D

recce
February 23, 2002, 23:23
I'd stop using UPS if you can find a better carrier. No need to tell them, just write them off as odds are you will end up getting the same delivery guy enevtually.

Pistolwiz
February 24, 2002, 00:09
The dipwad should be written up for what he said. Report him! It is NOHB what you are having delivered. And if he does know- It is not his place to comment. He's lucky it wasn't my wife. He would have received a verbal lashing and would have been met by the supervisor when he got back to the terminal! He would not have had the guts to say it to your face realstang, or mine. Usual cowardly damn liberal troll! F*** him. :mad:

BTW- If you report him, if you have trouble- ie; an attempt to rip you off. He would be suspect #1 and he needs to know it. That would keep his mouth shut!

[ February 24, 2002: Message edited by: pistolwiz ]

gman
February 24, 2002, 00:30
Too bad you can't be there when he shows up sometime. Talk to him. I don't like using UPS but in the small town I live in I know my delivery guy, he lives three houses down. When I get a box he won't leave until I show him my new toy! :)

bushka
February 24, 2002, 00:55
thats too bad,my ups drivers are always trying to sell me guns while delivering them to me! one guy keeps saying he`s got an ak
he "converted" to full auto,but i don`t trust the guy.

Brett
February 24, 2002, 02:02
Too bad you can't tell him the second ammendment allows you to keep and bear arms but unfortunately it does not allow you to kill those who abuse the first ammendment.

Mad Dog 7.62
February 25, 2002, 05:04
Originally posted by billyboy:
<STRONG>thats too bad,my ups drivers are always trying to sell me guns while delivering them to me! one guy keeps saying he`s got an ak
he "converted" to full auto,but i don`t trust the guy.</STRONG>

That would be the UPS/BATF guy, right??

;)